1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Remote Uploading of video files

Discussion in 'MINIX & General Android Apps' started by DAP, Sep 24, 2017.

1. DAP

DAP New Member

I apologize if this has been covered, I searched but did not see anything exactly related to what I need. I currently manage several informational screens mounted in my Church. Attached to each screen I currently have a WD Live TV box, into which I swap out the current USB thumb-drive that has the current weeks video announcements that plays in a repeating loop. The Church has opened another location in a neighboring town, and have asked if I can update those screens weekly as well. I am hoping to find a solution that will allow me to remotely upload the current video file to the player weekly to save the trip. The player will need to be connected via WiFi, so I am leaning towards the Minix UH-9 as the reviews I've read have mentioned it has very good WiFi connectivity. I am not super technical, so hoping to find good information that can walk me through a process that will allow me to connect to the Minix from my home computer and upload these video files weekly. Thank-you in advance for your assistance!
  2. Cizzz

Cizzz Active Member

You could have a look at TeamViewer. This multi-platform tool allows you to remotely manage any other device including uploading of files from your home PC.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/