1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Respectful request from a newb

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Bmc1971, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Bmc1971

Bmc1971 New Member

I've been using chromecast for a few years. Recently learned of this product. I have to say I'm very interested.
    My question is: wich model would best suit my needs? I would only be using it to watch movies through chrome, or live sports through kodi. Rarely for gaming. Thanks in advance for any helpful advise.
  2. Snakebite

Snakebite Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the forum Bmc!

There are a couple of boxes I would recommend at present, either U1 or U9 H. U9 was just released and brings improved 4k functionality and the android marshmallow OS. Decision would probably depend upon budget but there's a wealth of info on the site to provide guidance, take a look round and let us know if you have any queries...
  3. ENDRJUPL

ENDRJUPL Well-Known Member Super Moderator

You should also consider windows based boxes like Z83-4 or NGC-1.
  4. Bmc1971

Bmc1971 New Member

A big thanks to both of you for your advice. I decided to get the U1 with the A2 lite remote. I'm very happy with it. However, I have a question to ask about setting up my VPN. I purchased ipvanish. But I'm struggling with logging in through the U1.
    I'm going to the VPN tab, but I don't know what to type in the "Edit VPN" window that comes up.
    I've tried a few different things, but they were unsuccessful. Is there a step by step guide on how to set up a VPN on a U1 available?
    Many thanks in advance...
  5. mark2

mark2 Active Member

This may help you
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/vpns.14318/