1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Resume From Sleep Problems...

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by raston, Oct 13, 2017.

1. keanustar

keanustar Member

@raston , the divice does not hung when resuming from sleep, but only the Video out. I have the audio output via Optical and if you browse through the U9 with the remote, you will see that it is on. You can play videos, move in the menu etc. but with no Video signal.
    One thing that could have caused this would had been the HDCP, but according to the FW07 change log, they fixed it. If so, then this wasn't the issue or they did not fixed it properly.
  2. raston

raston New Member

keanuster... I want to be clear... my unit is hung. I have connected the optical out directly to the amp and there is nothing... no video, no sound, no response what-so-ever. I have used the A2 lite remote as well as the included IR remote. I have clicked around to try to hear the menu 'clicks'. I have tried the long press and then one click right to try to restart the unit. Other than the blue LED coming on, the unit is dead as a door nail. The only resolution is to pull the power and restart the unit.
  3. Fjodor2000

Fjodor2000 New Member

Has FW007 been released for MiniX Neo U9-H?

When I run the the OTA program, it says my MiniX is already up to date when using FW006, and there is no mentioning of FW007 on the MiniX U9-H Firmware forum section:

http://www.minixforum.com/forums/official-firmwares.160/
  4. raston

raston New Member

FW007 was released but caused problems with the playstore app. So it has pulled until the playstore problem is fixed.

Having said that, I did updat to FW007 before it was pulled and it has not fixed the wake-up from sleep problem that is being discussed in this thread.
  5. raston

raston New Member

Bumping this back up.... I have now installed the latest firmware (FW007A) and the resume from standby (and get hung) problem has not changed.

So I am asking... Please... someone responsible/knowledgeable from the Minix team, help me sort this out. I am happy to experiment and try different settings, etc... but I have exhausted all the options I can think of.

Thank you in advance for your help to get this working properly.
  6. raston

raston New Member

Bump again.... any help would be appreciated...
  7. raston

raston New Member

8. omarif

omarif New Member

I also have this issue. Can we confirm that minix is aware and working on it or could it possibly be a hardware issue.
    Unfortunately this is a deal breaker for me so will be returning my two boxes if I can’t fix it.
  9. raston

raston New Member

I don't know if anyone is working on this issue. As you can see from the thread, I had some initial responses from a few people but now it seems that nobody is interested, and I haven't heard anything from Minix. (I believe that would be MINIX-Ken, but I don't know that for sure).
  10. omarif

omarif New Member

Thx. Well I’ll give it a few days and then back the boxes go to amazon with an appropriate review.
  11. I had this issue with one of my earlier U9 incarnations..... (having done multiple resets with this box and various configurations trying to get the damn thing to function properly).

Since last resetting, staying with latest firmware (FW007A) , but reverting to Kodi 17.3, and also reverting from the Neo A3 to the A2 lite, this wake up issue seems to have gone away for me. But previously I had to 'unpower' and reboot as mentioned previously.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  12. Aviadmalka

Aviadmalka New Member

Hi i'm facing the same situation, did you reslove it ?
  13. omarif

omarif New Member

Nope luckily I’m still in the window to return it to Amazon. I’m now wondering if they had a defective batch and that’s why they went on sale for such a good price on amazon. But even at $100 off not worth it if I have to unplug every time. The silence from minix is deafening.
  14. keanustar

keanustar Member

There's something wrong with the HDCP on the U9 that is causing this. I recently got an amp and I'm running the U9 through it now. I had no issues to resume from sleep since with this config. But from March/April, when I got the U9 until now I had the resuming from sleep issue on a LG B6.
    As I said, this looks to me like HDCP 2.2 handshake issues between some the U9 and some TVs.