1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Return A2 air mouse for exchange.

Discussion in 'NEO A3, A2 Lite Airmouse' started by Donkeyoatay, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Donkeyoatay

Donkeyoatay New Member

I have been using the A2 for a couple of weeks and it has developed numerous problems. I would like to return it to Amazon.es where I bought it from. Although I informed Amazon in my e.mail, regarding returns/exchange etc. that I only wanted to return the A2 for exchange, they say that I must return the complete box that came with the U1 and two mouses. This I do not want to do. I would rather purchase a new A2 or similar.

Has any user who purchased from Amazon the U1 complete with standard and A2 mouse had to return just the A2 or did they have to return the complete package.

Many thanks.
  2. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

You have to do as Amazon ask!
    Did you buy from Amazon or an Amazon marketplace store?
  3. Donkeyoatay

Donkeyoatay New Member

Thanks Villa for the reply. I really can't be bothered at my age with all the hassle. I have found a new replacement on the Amazon site for €20.00 delivered. It will save me returning the U1 and having to go through the setting up process again.

Many thanks again.
  4. Villa

I explained here Amazon's policy.
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/neo-u1-guarantee.13193/#post-102914
    I see that you bought from a marketplace store, so in the first instance you really should contact them, the seller, via your Amazon account and they should be able to sort out a replacement remote. You should only have to fall back on Amazon when the marketplace store aren't playing cricket!

Is it an A2 or an A2 Lite that you have?
    What are the numerous problems it has developed?
  5. Donkeyoatay

Donkeyoatay New Member

Hi Villa. It is an A2 Lite. The problems that have developed are the following. Unable to recalibrate it. The menu button works sometimes and other times not. When using the key board sometimes it produces two letters instead of one. When navigating at times on Kodit it is erratic and brings up unexpectedly the wrong window. The biggest problem is that, as I can not recalibrate the gyro, therefore the curser is all over the place. Basically unusable. I am however very happy with the U1 box.
  6. Villa

There were some cases of defective A2 Lites, myself included!
    You could contact @MINIX - John and see if he can help you.
    Or at least contact the seller on Amazon!

As for navigating in Kodi, you only have to use the D-Pad. If you try to use the gyro feature it can/will be erratic!
  7. Donkeyoatay

Donkeyoatay New Member

Thanks again for that info. Do you have any recommendations for the D-Pad?
  8. Villa

What do you mean? I don't understand the question!
    You just use the D-Pad (direction buttons, select button) on the remote, Stock remote, A2 Lite, whichever remote you have!
  9. Donkeyoatay

Donkeyoatay New Member

Sorry I'm was confused! (n)
  10. Marm

Marm Member

I am very curious about how much the postage is? Here, our Canadian postage with a tracking # is ridiculously expensive in that it will cost me about $50 CAN to return a remote or a TV box to China and to buy products from the USA is too expensive mainly because of shipping.
  11. Villa

How much postage is for what? I don't see how your post is relative to this thread!
    The OP bought from Amazon where there are no postage costs involved for the purchaser to return faulty goods!
  12. Marm

Marm Member

Perhaps this is just another case of my ignorance. I have never bought a TV box or remote from Amazon because the deals for Canadians are not as good as you get in the USA.

But I have noticed that some TV boxes and remotes were being sold on Amazon by third parties from China and while they would likely pay the postage to you I have never seen a case where the seller will pay the postage for you to return the item to them if defective. As I live in Canada where postage is very expensive I am very interested if the buyer had to pay the return postage or not and how much it was? I run a small business and it is a constant struggle to stay profitable so if I have to pay more in postage to return an item than the item is worth, I will just buy another one. If it actually is Amazon's policy to pay return postage for defective goods to third party sellers perhaps I should reconsider purchasing from them. This gives me all the more reason to know if the purchaser had to pay return postage or not and if it was a third party seller?

Hopefully this shows some relavance to my question.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  13. Villa

It doesn't matter who you buy from on Amazon. If a marketplace trader can not sort you out then Amazon will take the faulty goods, postage paid, and refund your money. Then you have the choice to re-order or not!
    If it is not a marketplace trader then Amazon can/will offer you a replacement.

This is based on my experiences with Amazon UK & ES.
  14. Marm

Marm Member

Excuse my probing but how does this happen? They send you a postage paid envelope
    to return it? They take your word for it that it is defective etc.?

Thanks very much.
  15. Villa

Yes, it is called trust and honesty!
    I would think it really does need to be faulty though.
    You have to print out a postage return label which they provide electronically. The packaging up is down to you.
  16. Marm

Marm Member

I love trust and honesty! Unfortunately it is not always present on the Internet.

I have perhaps two more MINIX UIs to order soon. As I have not been able to get them that much cheaper, I may try Amazon.

Thanks again.
    kingsizept likes this.
  17. mark2

mark2 Active Member

I had to return an item to Amazon this week ( phone case didn't fit ) printed out a code they sent by email package was picked up from my home following day no return cost or delivery cost this is with Amazon prime account U.K. though
    Marm likes this.