1. Official MINIX forum

Return / Android Guy Button = Q Remap?

Discussion in 'NEO A3, A2 Lite Airmouse' started by RMCasey, Sep 5, 2016.

1. RMCasey

RMCasey New Member

Hey guys.... I have searched everywhere and spent hours on this. Any help would be appreciated.

I have an android box and want to user the A2 lite to control it.

I purchased it and like it for the most part. However there are a few little quirks that are driving me insane and are hard to look over. The back button used to bring me to the main menu of Kodi... On my searches I have found the fix for this and now this is fine.

My big sticking point right now is when typing the return button on the keyboard, the android guy on the front and the return button on the front all type the letter "q". Why? This is annoying particularly when in Google... I am trying to press enter to preform a search and I keep getting another "q" added to the text. My only way that I can find a workaround is to activate the air mouse to press the search button. Why won't it just have the functionality of the enter / return / left mouse click? Has anyone else experienced this?

There are also a few buttons that do nothing for me. Power and Recent AP List. Perhaps if I could add function to these buttons it would help even if it's not power and recent aps.

Also... the mute and volume up and down buttons are not useful to me. I have the box going through a surround sound receiver and all audio comes from it so I am using fixed audio from the android box. Perhaps these buttons could be remapped to be more useful.

I've played around with the Kodi remap app but I don't want to mess anything up by not having a full understanding of what I am changing. The xml file method for the back button worked like a charm but that was only part of my problem.

Any recommendations?
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

3. RMCasey

RMCasey New Member

I figured out the return q thing. The mouse pointer was above the q in the virtual keyboard. After I installed the Null Keyboard app I no longer had this problem.

Thanks for the other links. I appreciate the help!
  4. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk