1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Rii i25 remote - cant get arrow keys to work properly!

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H, X8 Plus & X8' started by adamski88, Oct 11, 2014.

1. adamski88

adamski88 Member

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Rii i25 remote with my minix but I cant get the main centre arrow, power button and the "OK" buttons to work properly. They only work when im about 2 feet away from the box itself, and even then they only work half the time.

Every other button works, from much further distance away.

Does anyone have one of these remotes and have any ideas on how I can fix it?

Thanks

Adam

2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

These buttons are IR buttons therefore need to have direct line of sight to the IR receiver ( which is next to the blue led)
    The other buttons work on RF so will have a better range and do not need line of sight.
    Sent using Tapatalk

3. adamski88

adamski88 Member

I see, surely it should work from more than 2-3 feet away though?

The little IR remote that comes bundled with the minix is 100x better, I can go to the back of the room and it still works. The minix airmouse is also brilliant reception wise (works pointed the wrong direction etc), but im guessing from what uve said above, that is uses RF?

So basically the remote is working, but it clearly has a shockingly bad IR sensor?

p.s. why arent all the controls on RF instead of being a weak IR?

4. Higgs

It should especially if the minix IR remote works Ok for you.
    Correct
    I have a similar remote, Rii k25, I programmed the IR buttons to control the tv. That way I can change sources on the tv and switch it on/off without having to change remotes. It works on the tv from 8 or 9 feet away.

Sent using Tapatalk

5. adamski88

adamski88 Member

is the MINIX A2 Remote the only airmouse available that is fully RF? i really like the keyboard layout of the Rii but the fact that the main buttons are RF, I will have to return it as it wont be fit for purpose :(

or the "2.4Ghz Wireless Mele Fly Mouse Keyboard Combo Remote Control for Mini PC TV Box"

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  6. Higgs

There are many different airmouse (airmice?) out there. Some have ir buttons as well as RF buttons, some don't. Some have keyboards, some don't. Just Google it and read the descriptions.

Sent using Tapatalk

7. adamski88

adamski88 Member

yea some of the descriptions are a little mixed up. for example on amazon, that Mele remote doesnt mention any IR but on another website it does :/ more research required!

8. adamski88

adamski88 Member

do you think its faulty then? if it worked like the minix one it would be ok

9. Higgs

I don't know, but it should work from more than two feet away. As i said mine operates my tv from a good 8 feet, possibly more. Make sure you have a direct line to the minix IR receiver and at not too much of an angle.
    The IR buttons are programmable so you can copy the functions over from the minix remote.

Sent using Tapatalk

10. adamski88

adamski88 Member

its a bit stupid not having the main buttons for navigation on RF on the Rii, very disappointed. cant find any other decent ones with a page up/down function, which is very strange imo

you arent going to program the arrow buttons to do anything else than what they normally do

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  11. Higgs

I suppose it depends on your viewpoint, I prefer them on ir to control my tv. In any case it is what it is. If you want RF direction buttons you buy an airmouse with RF direction buttons, if you buy a Rii remote you yet ir direction buttons

Sent using Tapatalk

12. adamski88

adamski88 Member

its so bloody hard to tell which buttons on certain remotes are set aside for IR. doesnt help that most manufacturers dont speak english as their first language it seems!

13. Higgs

I've found they'll usually be a different colour, orange or yellow (or have a orange/yellow border)

Sent using Tapatalk

14. adamski88

adamski88 Member

I got the rii i13 which has a much much better range than the i25.

How can i program the channel/ page up and down buttons to work with the minix? Neither of the 2 minix remotes have them so i dont know how to teach it to the i13!

I tried learning the pg up/down from the rii i25 (which worked out of the box) but it doesnt register when pressing the buttons and going through the learning process on the i13

Any ideas? Ive looked around the play store to see i lf there is a mapping app but cant find anything

15. Higgs

No idea on the pg uu/down maping, sorry. I can't see why the learning function won't work from the i25 to the i13 as its just an IR signal.
    Have you seen this - https://flirc.tv/

16. adamski88

adamski88 Member

Ano its strange. Pressing the buttons on the i25 just dont register at all on the i13. All other buttons/ remotes work fine with the i13

Yea but it would seem like a bit of a waste of money, and usb ports are already at a premium.