1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

'Riptide GP2 v1.2' -> CLOSE / CRASH

Discussion in '[Bugtracker] NEO X8/X8-H 002 beta 8 firmware' started by no_spam_for_me, Aug 18, 2014.

1. no_spam_for_me

no_spam_for_me New Member

logs (dmesg + logcat)...

using/playing with 'Tronsmart Mars G01' (A mode (Android – Default mode use for Android))

EDIT:
    + M1
    + root (finless) + 816/1992 (own - only mod init.rc)
    Flashed via USB_Burning_Tool

Attached Files:

2. no_spam_for_me

Hmmm, I ask my self, why to post bugs and also logs if it seams so that nobody is interested in it (specially the logs)...
  3. danlat1415

danlat1415 Active Member

Riptide 2 v1.2 works fine for me on BETA 8.
    Goes a little stuttery when Minix gets warm.
    I'm using Moga Pro, but it worked fine on my G910 too.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  4. Quincy

Quincy Active Member

Riptide 2 works on my x8-h with a ps3 controller plugged in no problems and is this not a bug tracker for stock beta firmware think you modded your rom so maybe that's why no support or maybe it could be the cause of your problems...
  5. no_spam_for_me

come on, where is THIS modded (root is only an app and a higher min freq isn't really a mod)?
    The close/crash happens maybe after 1/2 hour but not the first time (I think I played it two times and both after a while with this event)
  6. danlat1415

danlat1415 Active Member

Your system may be getting too hot.
    Mine slows down after 10minutes or so unless I've got a fan running underneath it. (usb notepad cooling fan).
    If you're running yours for have an hour then it crashes - that would seem to be the cause, otherwise it would crash a lot sooner.
  7. Quincy

Quincy Active Member

Root is more than a app you are adding binary files to the OS as well as an the .apk, on top of that you are overclocking plus you added your own files to the OS I would class this as modding the stock ROM, small mods but mods all the same.

I would think the overclock has a part to play if your booted out after a half an hour, what temperature does the CPU get to playing..???

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    HardwareGuru likes this.
  8. no_spam_for_me

Yes, you are right, of cause rooting also use 1 binary and not only a script (apk)... (btw other app use there own lib's)
    And the rest, sorry, you have no idea what you are talking about (NO oc and NO other "own" files... really not :) ... no way to get the SoC hotter this way and believe me, I know what I talk about because I have done enough stress tests at this device (also with this setup))

Also greetings to HardwareGuru :) ... If you really mean, a x8-h can only work stable (also at Beta FW), if I don't install other apps, then we reach the point, which I will say, minix and his quality is only a myth ;)
  9. Quincy

Quincy Active Member

Sorry I taught you clocked your cpu with 816/1992 MHz not to sure what 816/1992 refers to now...best for luck with it hope you get your devices working as it should
  10. McDuckII

McDuckII New Member

my box :
    rom : beta 8 / plus finless tweaker installed per sd-card
    allways running app Cpu Temperature
    using a usbmouse / and a ipega 9021 bluetooth gamepad
    riptide version 1.1.2 from amazon
    worked played career mode for 40 min. then crash

played career mode beginners luck no clitches nothing played every level a view times,
    got to Factory shift in the middle of the race screen froze then it started shacking for about 10 sec. went back
    to normal, played a sec., started again. had to turn off the box
    temp was about 70 degrees.