1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

[ROM] update.zip flashable Firmware

Discussion in 'NEO X5 mini Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by gufone, Aug 7, 2014.

1. gufone

gufone Big Owl Super Moderator

Hi,

As requested by some users, here you will find the firmware update package that I've made to install the latest firmware without the need of PC. Like the PC install it erase all the data. And like the PC method the first boot take ~10 minutes.

The package install official stock firmware unmodified files.

To install just copy the file into the root of internal or external SD and rename it update.zip
    After some time you will get prompted to install the update, if not just reboot and wait. Just click "install". It will reboot.
    This will take ~10 minutes. If it seems not to respond please give it more time to finish the install!

:) If one of the files I've posted is useful to you please click the like button :)

PLEASE KEEP BUGS HERE on this topic !!
    If there would be a problem that is caused by the way this update is made and flashed I don't want MINIX to get false info on the official firmware topic.

Even if the packages have been tested you are the only responsible in case of problems with this update! You are free to not use it.

oldbirchy, jbern25, dpradas and 2 others like this.
  2. gufone

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    KingKong and garolfe like this.
  3. BigD_ca

BigD_ca Member

I'm new to all this but is this firmware 4.4 or is this the 4.2.2?

4. BigD_ca

BigD_ca Member

Hi gufone I'm looking for the firmware 4.4 or a work around for minix x5 mini

5. Dnerve

Dnerve Active Member

Based in the release dates, this looks like 4.2 as seen here:

http://www.minixforum.com/index.php?threads/NEO-X5-mini-4.2.2-firmware-(004,-11th-March-2014).61/

I think I saw somewhere that there are no plans for X5 KitKat at least officially as I saw/read about such 'roms' on some other forums but not from Minix.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  6. BigD_ca

BigD_ca Member

For the 1080p 4.2.2 how is that loaded on minix x5. What do I need & can I just d/l & run it like xbmc,

7. luckyben

luckyben New Member

Hi,
    I've tried your package but I've got a problem when I choose "install from external" : I can see the steps untill "Verifying update package..." and then "Installation aborted" with no error message. Have you got an idea ?

@gufone : I see that you gave the SHA1 signature: do I have to do something with this string ?

8. gufone

Just install as described in the first post.

9. gufone

The hash is to verify that the file you download is not corrupted. You must use a tool that compute sha1 hash on the downloaded file and then you can compare with the string I posted. They must match.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  10. luckyben

luckyben New Member

Thanks. I've re-downloaded the file et the installation has gone till the end ! But the minix keeps on rebooting in recovery mode now ...

11. Ismail

Ismail New Member

I am facing the same error as luckyben. It keeps rebooting in recovery mode. Any solution for this gufone?

12. luckyben

luckyben New Member

@gufone : I know I am the one who has decided to do the upgrade but please, don't tell my X5 is dead just because I've copied this update.zip on my X5 !:unsure:

13. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Do you have the X5 or X5 mini?
    Best bet would be to flash the latest fw for your model using the flash tool.

Sent using Tapatalk

14. gufone

Was you on stock recovery before? Try to force a reboot into recovery and reinstall the update. If it doesn't work I can try to rebuild the file when at home. (i'm in holiday with very limited internet access.... )

15. ENDRJUPL

ENDRJUPL Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Enjoy your holiday gufone! :)

16. luckyben

luckyben New Member

@Higgs: I'm on X5 mini and yes I'd love to try the flash of the fw, but flashtool doesnt't recognize the minix when it's plugged.

@gufone : I don't wanna ruin your holiday, I promise :D ! I didn't flash the minix, so I guess I'm with the stock fw ... What do you mean by "Try to force a reboot into recovery and reinstall the update" ? The only thing I can do is to put the update.zip on SD card and choose the "install from external SD card" option in recovery mode, is that what you're talking about ?

17. KingKong

KingKong Member

Ok ive installed the 1080p version. Now the app icons are really tiny. Is this correct!?? And its not rooted. I thought the flash rooted as well?
    Thanks in advance anyone.

18. KingKong

KingKong Member

Ok fixed. Flashed on top the root and dp240 files from the x7 forum section. all working on the x5mini now.

19. Ismail

Ismail New Member

My X5 Mini still stuck on recovery mode. Can any one please help me with this. Is the problem fixed with the flashable ROM?

20. Ismail

Ismail New Member

luckeyben any luck with this issue?