1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

[ROM] update.zip flashable Firmware

Discussion in 'NEO X5 mini Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by gufone, Aug 7, 2014.

1. BigD_ca

BigD_ca Member

Hey Higgs thanks. So I've saved the file & renamed it update.Zip on the internal flash. Do I copy the file to home in es explorer. Right now the file is in es explorer internal flash. I've tried copying home but nothing happens unless you mean another folder in the internal flash but they're no other files with name home but there is a file name ehomemediacentre. Also as it ask me to update it gives me a fail message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

It should be in the same place as the Downloads folder (not in the downloads folder, but on the same level)
    What fail message do you get?

3. BigD_ca

BigD_ca Member

I have 2 andriod folder in the same level. But is the folder named home what is the folder called

4. Higgs

On the left hand menu in ES File Explorer, click on Home. Paste the update.zip file there, not in any folder.

5. BigD_ca

BigD_ca Member

Ok my heading are at the top when I copy & go to home in es explorer it doesn't allow me to paste for some reason & I'm using a mouse & remote

6. Higgs

Then you are not using ES File Explorer. I think you are using the stock explorer app.
    Try this in the explorer app you are using;
    1. Select update.zip file, long press, choose copy (or move)
    2. In left menu, click once on "Internal flash"
    3. In top menu, select "Edit" and in submenu "paste"

7. BigD_ca

BigD_ca Member

When I do this its asking to copy to foreground or background

8. Higgs

So which did you pick?

Sent using Tapatalk

9. BigD_ca

BigD_ca Member

Hey Higgs thanks for all the help I got it loaded & now setting up xbmc. I did notice that in the app menu section the the apps are smaller. For anyone who is having trouble. D/l es explorer it made so much easier

10. BigD_ca

BigD_ca Member

Anyone know how make the app icons bigger in the app list? I just find it hard to read & looks out of proportion.

11. bachikho

bachikho Member

can i use this update.zip rom over kitkat v230 (wanna go back to JB)?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  12. Higgs

bachikho likes this.
  13. bachikho

bachikho Member

14. Higgs

bachikho likes this.
  15. flecon

flecon New Member

i tried to update my firmware (from android 4.1) from this image and Im having a boot start up with a dead android (red exclamation sign) do this mean I have to restore the firmware via pc using RKBatchTool??' help please... thanks !

16. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

I suggest you flash with the latest firmware. I presume your device is an X5 mini!

Download link (to be used for a Fresh install or pre CE210 versions)
    http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=x5mini-rk3066-240.rar (drivers and Flashtool included)

Tutorial...
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/h...irmware-for-minix-x7-mini-x7-x5-mini-x5.5230/

flecon likes this.
  17. flecon

flecon New Member

Thanks for the answer! Guess i will have to buy the usb cable.

18. flecon

flecon New Member

Well, I could install the Kitkat 2.40 on my X5 mini with the usb cable, drivers and Flashtool software. I have to admit the first impression is AWESOME!! :LOL:

I strongly recomend to people (if you are a new minix users like me) TO NOT INSTALL THIS UPDATE VERSION, and to use Flashtool software and a pc to flash your new firmware. Let this update to experienced users...

That said, thanks in advance Villa for the support, I have been checking the forum a bit and I see a strong backup and feedback from moderators and developers. You do Not see that support in other 1 brands... Thats why I bougth this device (y). Must said is cool you still update this old devices ;) I will now report my new issues at the kitkat 2.40 discussion.

Thanks a lot!!! See you - Hasta luego!!

P.D: Are you from Spain? Im from Bs As, Argentina!!

Villa likes this.
  19. Sgf_Sdgf

Sgf_Sdgf New Member

i flashed 1080 fw, how can i make icon and text larger plz?