1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Root Reliable Method

Discussion in 'NEO U1 Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by kamaronestudios, Dec 6, 2015.

1. kamaronestudios

kamaronestudios New Member

Original Root of daemonium
    Developers freaktab ROM users

I rooted mine, i wrote a bat based on the one i did for z64, can you (or someone else brave enough) try it?

First of all , download and unzip this file on your windows computer:
    https://mega.nz/#!aRhx0RRa!a03eQ-AYm...SQlCuj3FQOpUIo

After that install Wifi adb on your Minix U1 ->https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...txapps.wifiadb

Go to Setup->Developer Options and turn on usb debugging

Open wifi adb and write down the ip address.

Now, on your computer, double click on root_u1.bat

The script will ask you to write the ip address you wrote down before

Just follow the script instructions and at the end the device should reboot, if not, do it manually.

After reboot you should be rooted.

Pd:Tested and working in Linux U1!
    I do not support and each is responsible for his actions.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  2. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder Member

I second that :)
  3. kamaronestudios

It seems that no one knows or no one answers! For me it is vital to be root to use the full potential of my minix U1. Thanks greetings
    Vitalit likes this.
  4. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

wouldn't it have sensible to check before your purchase then if it is so vital to have root :rolleyes:

i don't believe minix officially offer support for rooted devices
  5. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Just curious what guys are going to do with the system after rooting it?
    It broke the OTA update service.
  6. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder Member

Personally, I need it so I can run frame rate and resource usage measuring in games as I'm writing a review.
  7. kamaronestudios

Hi Ken!
    First thank you for answering .....
    I need to be root for certain configurations Kodi without being root can do.
    Also to install apps everyday as Titaniun lucky patcher, Adaway, etc.
    I come from Minix X5 and X7 and I had no trouble doing this.
    I guess it's early to cook someone U1 but eventually will leave.
    My question was simply whether there was something already ....... If someone bothered sorry.
    Thank you very much greetings
  8. Frederick_99

out of curiosity what would that be ?
  9. kamaronestudios

Already this updated the first post!
    It is perfect.
    a greeting
  10. konner

konner New Member

I want to edit my generic.kl so I can customize a few buttons on my sons Aerb remote. For example I want to remove the music and web browser function. As far as I know root is required. Is there any chance this folder can be unlocked with a firmware update (non root)?

edit: kamaronestudios, If I root my U1 and update the firmware later will I have to root again? Is there a chance this script won't work due to firmware changes in the future?
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  11. kamaronestudios

You hello You should ask the creator of the script.
    If you do not update you can root via Fota, you have to do clean install.
    a greeting
  12. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

Hi,

It may be vital for some people.
    As kamaronestudios, I always root my android devices. I just want to have full control of my paid devices.
    Can you imagine to buy a computer and can't be administrator on the operating system ?

I could understand the reasons why a smartphone manufacturer like Samsung want to block root, as they sell services and ads, wich can be blocked by Adaway.
    But Minix doesn't sell software, so why root is blocked ? Why OTA is broken after a root ?

Cheers,
    Sky
    HirogenX and pirsquared8 like this.
  13. Frederick_99

my point was that if its so vital to root then wouldn't you think to check before purchase that a rooting method is available ?, that's all

if you want to root then fine
  14. davekos

davekos New Member

Hi,
    In response to the question of what people are doing with their rooted devices. Personally, I rooted my U1 so that I could run a VNC Server on it (VMLite app). I just find it easier to configure everything, especially Kodi, from my computer rather than on the TV. It also allows me to tinker on the box without moving it while other people in the house are using the TV for something else. So I wouldn't say that root is vital, but it is nice to have and I'm happy there's a method available for those that do want it.
    pirsquared8, skynet and newbie99 like this.
  15. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

Thanks for sharing ;)
    When the next FW005 will be available, could you tell us if upgrade is working fine by USB, and if root is gone after operation (need to root again) ?
  16. Frederick_99

cant you just do that with something like teamviewer which doesn't need root or am i missing something ?
  17. davekos

davekos New Member

I've yet to find a server side remote app that does not require root. The Android teamviewer app is only client side so while you can remote from it, you cannot remote to it. However, if you are aware of any server side apps that don't require root, I'd be interested in testing them out. The only apps with this functionality that I have found are VMlite and Droid VNC Server which require root.
  18. davekos

davekos New Member

I've just seen there is a teamviewer host app. I will give this a go.
  19. Frederick_99

teamviewer works brilliantly for me, allows me to trouble shoot family and friends minix setups remotely from my pc
  20. davekos

davekos New Member

Thanks for the tip, teamviewer works great.
    Frederick_99 likes this.