1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Tutorial Root the U9-H

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by tomeeli, Apr 14, 2017.

1. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

Yes you can disable the root to upgrade by OTA.

2. fabhubb

fabhubb New Member

how to disable root (just in case) ... sorry for too many questions :)

3. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

You can disable SuperSU in its own setting.

4. fabhubb

fabhubb New Member

Grrrr8 ... thanks :) .. have a nice day ;)

5. stampeder

stampeder New Member

wbedard, the SuperSU file in the OP is gone now (throws a 401 page) and I agree about not enjoying using files from strange sources, so could you please either post detailed instructions on how to get & modify SuperSU for this box or perhaps post yours here?

EDIT: I've download Chainfire's original UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.78-20160905010000.zip file, so if you can tell me what needs to be changed I can probably modify it to match the missing SuperSU-v2.78_20160905010000_mod.zip file. Thanks in advance for information you or anyone can give me about what must be done. Cheers

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  6. stampeder

stampeder New Member

Okay I got around my ISP's firewall that was preventing me from seeing that site, so now I have downloaded the supersu file and can see the difference in the original and modded versions' update-binary files:
    Code:
    diff update-binary-orig update-binary-mod
    601,602c601,602
    <     for PARTITION in kern-a KERN-A android_boot ANDROID_BOOT kernel KERNEL boot BOOT lnx LNX; do
    <       BOOTIMAGE=$(readlink /dev/block/by-name/$PARTITION || readlink /dev/block/platform/*/by-name/$PARTITION || readlink /dev/block/platform/*/*/by-name/$PARTITION)
    ---
    >     for PARTITION in kern-a KERN-A android_boot ANDROID_BOOT kernel KERNEL boot BOOT lnx LNX p12; do
    >       BOOTIMAGE=$(readlink /dev/block/platform/*/by-num/$PARTITION || readlink /dev/block/by-name/$PARTITION || readlink /dev/block/platform/*/by-name/$PARTITION || readlink /dev/block/platform/*/*/by-name/$PARTITION)
    1334,1338c1334,1336
    <     if ($CONTINUE); then
    <         # might return 1 even if we do not want to abort
    <         ui_print "- Applying hex patches"
    <         /su/bin/sukernel --hexpatch $COM/hexpatch /sutmp/boot.img /sutmp/boot.img
    <     fi
    ---
    >     # might return 1 even if we do not want to abort
    >     ui_print "- Applying hex patches"
    >     /su/bin/sukernel --hexpatch $COM/hexpatch /sutmp/boot.img /sutmp/boot.img
    I think that's the only difference in the original chainfire version and the modded one.