1. Official MINIX forum -Forum was offline for maintainance during last weekend and is back online now.

Running Z64 without display (headless Ubuntu)

Discussion in 'NEO Z64 Android OS' started by wizwiz50, Jul 11, 2015.

1. wizwiz50

wizwiz50 New Member

Hello,

I would like to run Z64 without screen. It seems it's not able to boot if no screen is plugged. Though it's okay if I unplug it once it has booted.

Is there anything I could do ?

Thank you
  2. wizwiz50

wizwiz50 New Member

3. vk13488

vk13488 New Member

Hi,

How did you solve this issue?

BR
  4. wizwiz50

wizwiz50 New Member

I didn't, I'm waiting for the "headless ghost dongle" to be available. There's the fit-headless as an alterntive. Both are expensive :(
  5. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

I am not fermiliar with ubuntu on z64.. Sorry i dont have the awnser guys...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ZP980+ met Tapatalk
  6. wizwiz50

wizwiz50 New Member

I doesn't seem to be related to Ubuntu, Z64 doesn't try to boot when display is unplugged. I think it's stuck at BIOS POST (even if you plug after power on it will fail).

Thank you anyway :)
  7. wizwiz50

wizwiz50 New Member

I bought fit-headless dongle and it's working fine, z64 is now booting without display
  8. vk13488

vk13488 New Member

Yeah, I did the same thing...

[​IMG]
  9. boneco69

boneco69 New Member

Excuse me because of this post in this old thread... but recently i bought an Z64 ... and installed linux into it to do an openvpn box...
    The same problem that is discussed here is what i have here but, with some trial and error i could boot the box if i do not use the power-on jumper and have the LAN cable connected... but need to press the power-on button. With this setup the Linux boot-up ... or i "say" ... the UEFI doesn't lock. This is an bug in the firmware: If the box doesn't have ethernet and HDMI connected the box wont boot. Also, i can only boot the OS if cable lan active and press power-on button. Using jumper to auto-power-on doesn't work either way.