1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Scan New Content - no longer gets movie/TV series info

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by Sherpa25, Aug 13, 2017 at 3:14 AM.

1. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

Hi, need help pls. Using latest FW and XBMC 16.3 on my U1, films in NAS (2 Red drives, 2 USB drives).

Doing a 'Scan For Content' for newer vids (movies or TV series) no longer gets information (ie. fanart, etc) for the new vids. All are still set as before (Movies-IMDB, and TV Series). Tried to remove Movies as source in content, and then back again to Movies to refresh, but still doesn't get new content. Just scans briefly, then says at the top 'Compressing Database' then returns.

I tried individually too, but it keeps asking for the file name, and even editing the file name to the movie name and year, it still doesn't accept/recognize it.

Any ideas?
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 5:19 AM
  2. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

Hi Sherpa,

The information server may be down or your Kodi module isn't up-to-date.
    I just tried to get informations for new movies with Kodi 17.3 and it's working fine.

Sent with my S7 edge
  3. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

Sorry, can you clarify, what's the Kodi module, how do I have it updated?

Is there another way to check if information server is working? It's been like this for a long time already, so I'm not sure about it being down all these time. Thanks.
  4. skynet

It's a Kodi add-on. I'll check the name tomorrow.
    Can you try with Kodi 17.3?
    You can install it beside xmbc.

Sent with my S7 edge
  5. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

Thanks, will wait for that module name, so I can check it out.

I read somewhere that Kodi 17.3 needs Marshmallow, which I'm not using, is this accurate?
  6. skynet

No you can install it on U1. It requires android 5.

Sent with my S7 edge
  7. skynet

8. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

Might try Kodi 17.3 soon (hopefully this weekend). Not enough time yet to do this as we open the U1 only at night to watch and don't want the family to be waiting :).

I'll check that fanart scrapper first in settings. But I understood this should already be installed as default in U1's Kodi? Or does it need a 'manual' update?

FWIW, tried individual TV series last night and scan was fine. It's only in movies (2 drives in my NAS) where the issue still happens. Thanks.
  9. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

FWIW, movie scan worked after I changed source to Universal Movie Scraper, from MovieDB (w/c I used for a long time, like a year already). Dont know whats happened with MovieDB.

Small issue with Universal Movie Scraper, there are some movies that dont have fanart, only the poster and description. Any idea how to address this in the U1?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  10. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

its nothing to do specifically with the U1.....its a kodi issue and probably best asking for help over on the kodi forums...don't mention any 3rd party addons though ;)

probably just a glitch in the movie database scraper that will sort it self out soon anyway
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017 at 5:06 PM
    Sherpa25 likes this.
  11. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

I see, anyway, it's not critical, thanks.