1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Scan New Content - no longer gets movie/TV series info

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by Sherpa25, Aug 13, 2017.

1. augur

augur Member

Thanks a lot for this, but as I'm a trust but verify kind of guy I compared them to the originals at http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/jarvis/ and you made a slight booboo editing metadata.themoviedb.org-4.0.2.zip
    You missed editing line 9 where it references the other modified plugin.
    <import addon="metadata.common.themoviedb.org" version="2.17.4"/>
    to
    <import addon="metadata.common.themoviedb.org" version="672.17.4"/>
    so it reflected the changes made to metadata.common.themoviedb.org-2.17.4.zip

The one below has that line edited, feel free to verify it too in fact I urge people to verify because... the internet.

Attached Files:

Sherpa25 likes this.
  2. Shasoosh

Shasoosh Member

It still works regardless of my error, though.
    I’ll install the updated zip to be on the safe side.

Thanks for this!

3. Blazarq

Blazarq New Member

Cheers Shasoosh and augur, works on my DroidBox DBMC (which is based on SBMC).

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  4. Shasoosh

Shasoosh Member

No problem.

I wish the minix guys would fix this so we won't have to manually edit this every time. As far as I know 16.3 is still the latest Minix version so this should totally deserve a fix.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  5. augur

augur Member

No worries, I was just going by what jph33 did. Standing on the shoulders of giants and whatnot.
    I hadn't scraped in a few days so I didn't even know anything had changed. (y)

6. Shasoosh

Shasoosh Member

@augur I tried installing the file you uploaded and got an "Update Failed" message. I then tried to edit my xml with the missing parameter and still got "Update Failed".
    Maybe it has something to do with the version that is already installed?

Installing the files I uploaded here again and again still works fine.

7. augur

augur Member

I assume you tried redownloading to ensure it wasn't corrupt.
    The md5 is 796604f5487d945b11dde536139c8d98

I just this moment manually updated the plugins because I added a movie and (obviously) it didn't scrape.
    I did it in this order
    metadata.common.themoviedb.org-2.17.4
    metadata.themoviedb.org-4.0.2
    metadata.tvdb.com-2.0.5
    alpahabetical but also because it updates the dependency first.

It updated each plugin without error and successfully scraped the film afterwards.

My thought is that since the version numbers are identical maybe it can't 'update' since the version numbers are the same. I guess you could install the older plugins again but so long as it works I wouldn't worry about it.

8. iberr

iberr New Member

Hi Guys. It's working for me ! Thank you. I was going to be crazy about this.

9. jph33

jph33 New Member

Hi all,
    Just in case someone is looking for the latest updated zip files for the addons. Here there are.

Attached Files:

Jerry Jets, Sherpa25 and skynet like this.
  10. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

Thanks again. However I'm now getting errors during updating of new movies, is it working fine in your end? FYI, the previous one (Nov 2017 posts) seemed to be fine.

11. CAnder

CAnder New Member

The issue is with the api_key; the debug logs indicate response code 401, and entering the key into the following url in a browser:

Update: haven't posted enough to be allowed to enter links. However, if you search for 'create tmdb api key', you should find the kodi resource that describes how to get your own tmdb key. Once you've created your own, it is provided with a test link. By changing to that currently used: ecbc86c92da237cb9faff6d3ddc4be6d

Confirms the key is suspended.

By downloading the metadata.common 3.1.1 and metadata.themoviedb 4.1.2 provided by jph33 above, the tmdb.xml files can be accessed. both zip files have a file with this name. By moving these files to a normal directory, one at a time, the above key can be replaced with your own obtained by the link above. The key appears 30 times in one of the files, but using a text editor like notepad++, all instances can be changed with a single replace command.

Having updated tmdb.xml, drag it back to its associated zip, and once both zip files have had their tmdb.xml file updated accordingly, import both into xbmc:

System - Add Ons - Install from zip file

Once this step is complete, scraping should again work.

Jerry Jets and augur like this.
  12. jak456

jak456 New Member

First: Thank you for figuring this out !

One Q: What do I do with the zip files ? Do I just install these as add-ons from zip (in the general add-ons section) or do I have to update from zip in the specific add-ons config screens ?

13. jph33

jph33 New Member

Hi guys,
    Sorry but these addons updates faster than i post in this thread...
    Here are the updated zip files for the TMB addon. I have tested them and everything is ok.

Attached Files:

14. jph33

jph33 New Member

And just in case you can find the original addon zip files in the following location :
    http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/jarvis/
    I just download the new ones, extract them, modify addons.xml file and then zip them and enjoy!

15. CAnder

CAnder New Member

JAK456; just general add-ons from zip.

16. augur

augur Member

There's some palava going on between kodi and a third party developer involving use of the preferential TMDB API key that tmdb provided kodi so that they (i.e. us users) wouldn't run into limitations with number of API calls per day. It started about 10 days ago and is still ongoing. This resulted/would have resulted in a noticeable increase in API calls. I wouldn't be surprised if tmdb revoked the API key and issued a replacement one. This obviously requires updates to the tmdb addons and time for the new key to percolate down to all the kodi installs. And since the Minix boxes running 'outdated' kodi installs no longer automatically update...

The worst case for this is that kodi/tmdb permanently revokes the preferential API key and every kodi user has to register for their own individual API key. Almost as bad is if it degenerates into an API key whack-a-mole.

17. jak456

jak456 New Member

THX !

18. SpideyKurt

SpideyKurt New Member

Thanks , this fixed my
    Thanks , this fixed my issue :)

19. augur

augur Member

In case anyone thinks the scraper has broken again, it hasn't. Over at tvdb.com their API V2 server has been down since around midnight last night.

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=46729

Addendum: 20180406 2230
    It's back up now but rather slow, probably due to a backlog.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  20. tommymm

tommymm New Member

Thanks a lot!