1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Scan New Content - no longer gets movie/TV series info

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by Sherpa25, Aug 13, 2017.

1. augur

augur New Member

Thanks a lot for this, but as I'm a trust but verify kind of guy I compared them to the originals at http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/jarvis/ and you made a slight booboo editing metadata.themoviedb.org-4.0.2.zip
    You missed editing line 9 where it references the other modified plugin.
    <import addon="metadata.common.themoviedb.org" version="2.17.4"/>
    to
    <import addon="metadata.common.themoviedb.org" version="672.17.4"/>
    so it reflected the changes made to metadata.common.themoviedb.org-2.17.4.zip

The one below has that line edited, feel free to verify it too in fact I urge people to verify because... the internet.

Attached Files:

Sherpa25 likes this.
  2. Shasoosh

Shasoosh Member

It still works regardless of my error, though.
    I’ll install the updated zip to be on the safe side.

Thanks for this!
  3. Blazarq

Blazarq New Member

Cheers Shasoosh and augur, works on my DroidBox DBMC (which is based on SBMC).
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  4. Shasoosh

Shasoosh Member

No problem.

I wish the minix guys would fix this so we won't have to manually edit this every time. As far as I know 16.3 is still the latest Minix version so this should totally deserve a fix.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  5. augur

augur New Member

No worries, I was just going by what jph33 did. Standing on the shoulders of giants and whatnot.
    I hadn't scraped in a few days so I didn't even know anything had changed. (y)
  6. Shasoosh

Shasoosh Member

@augur I tried installing the file you uploaded and got an "Update Failed" message. I then tried to edit my xml with the missing parameter and still got "Update Failed".
    Maybe it has something to do with the version that is already installed?

Installing the files I uploaded here again and again still works fine.
  7. augur

augur New Member

I assume you tried redownloading to ensure it wasn't corrupt.
    The md5 is 796604f5487d945b11dde536139c8d98

I just this moment manually updated the plugins because I added a movie and (obviously) it didn't scrape.
    I did it in this order
    metadata.common.themoviedb.org-2.17.4
    metadata.themoviedb.org-4.0.2
    metadata.tvdb.com-2.0.5
    alpahabetical but also because it updates the dependency first.

It updated each plugin without error and successfully scraped the film afterwards.

My thought is that since the version numbers are identical maybe it can't 'update' since the version numbers are the same. I guess you could install the older plugins again but so long as it works I wouldn't worry about it.
  8. iberr

iberr New Member

Hi Guys. It's working for me ! Thank you. I was going to be crazy about this.
  9. jph33

jph33 New Member

Hi all,
    Just in case someone is looking for the latest updated zip files for the addons. Here there are.

Attached Files:

Sherpa25 and skynet like this.