1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Scan New Content - no longer gets movie/TV series info

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by Sherpa25, Aug 13, 2017.

1. kyacrash

kyacrash New Member

Anyone having issues lately? I'm getting the "cannot connect to remote server" error since yesterday

2. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

I had it too, maybe the server is down.

3. jph33

jph33 New Member

Hi guys,
    Here are the updated plugins from may 8th.

Attached Files:

skynet, Sherpa25 and augur like this.
  4. skynet

(y)

Sherpa25 likes this.
  5. augur

augur Member

Another two modified plugins updated 2018-05-29
    metadata.themoviedb.org-4.1.4 hasn't changed (yet).

Attached Files:

ejaaseguir, Sherpa25 and skynet like this.
  6. jph33

jph33 New Member

New version of metadata.tvdb.com updated 2012-06-02.

Attached Files:

skynet, augur and Sherpa25 like this.
  7. skynet

Thanks for updating (y)

8. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

Hi, been using the latest always. Anyone know why some movies don't download their posters/fanart, only the movie descriptions? I've tried refreshing from inside Movie Information but still no posters. How do you guys fill in the posters?

9. augur

augur Member

It should just work if your file storage heirarchy is set up how Kodi likes it. I've found the most reliable is one film per folder, that way the tmdb scraper uses the folder name for matching rather than the file name. Failure to scrape is then usually down to a typo or year error in the folder name.

If you're getting scraping and population of description but no fan art you might have corruption of the texture cache, either the database or the actual image file. For some reason Kodi doesn't clean up old thumbnails ever.

You could try manually choosing fan art for the film, that can sometimes overwrite a corrupt image (Movie information > Choose art)

Or wipe and rebuild.
    https://www.smarthomebeginner.com/clear-kodi-thumbnails-cache/
    I've used the texture cache maintenance utility a couple of times for single image corruption but delete and regenerate is probably quicker. You can use Kodi's System>File manager to delete the files.

10. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

Thanks Augur. My movies are all stored consistently with the .mkv file inside their respective folders (Movie name and year, plus some extra file info, like x264, DTS or DD, etc.). That's why I'm wondering why some (around 5-10%) don't get any fanart even if they get movie description. My usual recourse is Movie Info, Refresh and/or Choose Art but it doesn't give any fanart to select. FWIW, I use XBMC 16.3 (and latest U1 FW), and I've also tried Clear Thumbnails in Settings, but to no avail.

So I guess my only alternative to try is 'wipe and build'. I'll try that later. Thanks again. Oh,

11. augur

augur Member

Before you wipe I've had success with this.
    You could also try adding another scraper e.g. Universal Movie Scraper, then for one of your films change the scraper for that folder only. See if it scrapes, if successful then try changing it back to tmdb.

From your description its unclear precisely how you're naming folders, but the folder name should only contain the film title and year e.g. Blade Runner 2049 (2017), anything additional could prevent successful scraping.
    https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies
    It's worth double checking your Kodi settings, especially the Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title

12. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

Sorry I wasn't more specific. Basically I don't rename my downloads as long as the title/year are in it (ex. Beirut.2018.1080p.NF.WEB-DL.DD5.1.x264 or Proud.Mary.2018.1080p.BluRay.x264). Like I mentioned majority are fine, except a few 5-10% maybe. Yes, I've also tried Universal Movie Scraper, but same, no fanart retrieved, and I do have 'Movies are in separate folder' ticked. I'll keep checking. Thanks.