1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Screenshot... How to

Discussion in 'NEO Z64A Guides & FAQs' started by Drdan, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Drdan

Drdan New Member

Howdy,
    I've found the camera at the bottom of the display on the tool bar and it takes a screenshot just fine. Problem is it always shows the tool bar IN the screenshot. The shot I need to take does not have the tool bar in the picture.
    The question is how to take a screenshot without the tool bar showing in the actual shot?
    Thanks much for any help.
    Dr Dan
  2. adi_tca

adi_tca Trusted Helper Trusted Helper

I don't think there is another option (even if you hide the tool bar from settings, you will still have to show it in order to click on the screenshot button).
    What you could do is to save/move the screenshot to your PC and use a simple picture editor (like Paint in Widows) to cut the part of the picture that you do not want then save the new picture as you want.
  3. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

... or you could use a Photo Crop app from the Play Store!

There are lots of them but I use this one...
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.colors.photo.crop

It's a shame that the MINIX NEO X7 Screenshot Setting timer feature (which allows for the Task bar to be removed while taking a screenshot) is not implemented on the other devices! :(
    @MINIX - Ken is this possible in a future FW update for all/most devices?
  4. Drdan

Drdan New Member

Thanks for the inputs ya'll. Photo editors will work but not the way I need. I need a screenshot of an app that is cutoff at the top and bottom to show the developer. If I cut it off I'm not really giving accurate inputs. The app is called Monument Valley. It works great on everything except the minix. The app insist on portrait mode and cuts the screen off at the top and bottom because minix is set to display landscape only. I was hoping the developer had a fix or a workaround but I first needed to show them what I was seeing.
    Strange that minix would make a simple screenshot impossible.
    Best regards,
    Dr Dan
  5. Villa

You could always take a photo! ;)
  6. Drdan

Drdan New Member

Yep. Sure could. I could also sketch it. There are other ways to skin this cat but evidently minix hasn't seen fit to allow their $150 tv box take a simple screenshot.
    O well...
  7. Villa

I know this doesn't help you now but, like I said, the X7 has the ability to take a true full screenshot so it shouldn't be too hard to implement it, surely?!
    I have put the question to @MINIX - Ken
    midnight likes this.