1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

sd card not working

Discussion in 'NEO Z83-4' started by gvid, Mar 16, 2018.

1. gvid

gvid New Member

hello,
    recently I noticed that the sd card is not visible in "my computer". when I take it out and in again, there is the windows sound of the inserting but still it is not visible.
    when I looked in hardware manager the sd card controller has the yellow triangle with ! in it, like the driver is bad. tried to update the driver from the drivers list here in the forum but wont let it and saying that the best driver is already installed.
    any suggestions?
    thanks.

2. MrReis

MrReis New Member

This is a known problem withOUT a solution. http://www.minixforum.com/threads/possible-solution-sd-card-problem.16628/

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  3. gvid

gvid New Member

Thank you. I will try it and report back.

4. gvid

gvid New Member

Hi,
    tried your solution but couldnt make it to work. when I tried to install the 8.1 driver (sdbus.inf) I got the message that it is not compatible:(
    this is very annoying and there must be a solution for this as the space in this machine is very limited without the sd card.

for now I connected the sd card to USB with a card reader and its OK.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  5. MINIX - John

MINIX - John MINIX Team Member Administrator

Send me a private message on the forum, I can then assist to resolve this issue for you.

6. MrReis

MrReis New Member

If there is a resolution to this problem, then why keep it private? I would like to know the resolution. Why make it a secret?

Wonko likes this.
  7. MINIX - John

Because I'll assist to fulfil the warranty policy and require information that the user may not wish to publicly share.

Villa likes this.
  8. MrReis

MrReis New Member

Oh. I see. I got a warranty replacement for this problem (on one of my NEO Z83-4s) and the problem eventually occured on the waranty replacement (after about three months).

9. Ssubo

Ssubo New Member

Hi, I'm having the same problem. Problem started right after the latest windows update. What's the fix? Tks!

MINIX - Martin likes this.
  10. with2Ls

with2Ls New Member

Yes. Join the SD-Card-Broken-Without-A-Simple-Fix Club! If we all raise a rebellion on this forum then MINIX might come up with an official patch which everybody can use.

11. MINIX - John

12. fish

fish New Member

Hi, reinstalled win 10 image as above for z83-4 set windows to a metered connection and disabled driver updates. Installed the 8.1 drivers. Worked for one week. Now back to square one. Let’s me install the drivers again but does not recognise sd card. It’s like Windows has overridden the drivers upon start up. Any further advice would be appreciated.

13. MINIX - John

I have sent you a PM.