1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Selectable sleep or deep-sleep

Discussion in 'Firmware Wishlist' started by WilfredG, Aug 10, 2014.

1. WilfredG

WilfredG Member

The phrase deep sleep was introduced by Minix.
    Sleep and deep sleep are technical names for the state an uProcessor can use to reduce power consumption (and commonly used by embedded system programmers).
    A more user friendly name for both states would be nice I think.
  2. uscool

uscool New Member

how to i set it so when i press power button it goes to sleep, its strange with the neo m1 remote i could just wake it up by pressing the power button, until that remote died
  3. David Morales

David Morales New Member

So, Is the A2 AirMouse going to be possible to "turn on" againg the Minix Neo x8-H from the sleep in the future?
  4. gaby

gaby New Member

5. Bigleg

Bigleg New Member

6. Vlad Lapsov

Vlad Lapsov New Member

7. dekilator

dekilator New Member

8. Asher

Asher New Member

9. DaveB

DaveB Member

10. Bigleg

Bigleg New Member

Any response to this Minix? If people mount it to the back of their TV or in a cabinet where there is no IR line of sight, then the only way to turn it on is by manually pushing the on button. Surely the A2 flagship remote should be able to turn it on? Should it not?

Please give us the option of NO deep sleep. If I want to save some power I'll turn it off.
    Harry S likes this.
  11. Bernard

Bernard New Member

12. ALE

ALE New Member

13. nbrus

nbrus New Member

Surely Minix can please all users by enabling the power state on each USB port (on sleep) to be selectable through the setup menu in the interface?
  14. nbrus

nbrus New Member

Another thought ... ditch the built-in IR receiver and build in a dedicated RF receiver (non-usb) into all new Minix devices. This won't help existing users, but at least it will be more useful moving forward ... IR is old technology requiring line-of-sight ... time to move forward.
    Higgs likes this.
  15. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

And include an M1 style remote
    Not sure the harmony users will be happy but I would prefer an rf remote too.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
  16. Harry S

Harry S Member

i prefer only power on - or off. save energy, save your money, because as all
    of such things we have around in our households who are alive on standby :p
    it's a huge waste (counted within a year).

keep my 5 cents :cool: