1. Official MINIX forum

SixAxis Controllers

Discussion in 'Beta Firmware' started by Mikael Bäckström, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C@bleKill3r

C@bleKill3r Member

@rdnckreaper.. This has been said many times. I'm rooted and of course using the app...it only works wired. Are you saying yours works wirelessly? I'm guessing no and want to mention again that I'm only requesting advice from those that have actually gotten this to work.
  2. rdnckreaper

rdnckreaper New Member

and I want to mention again that I got it to work wirelessly with the six axis app.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
  3. Vidman

Vidman Member

And I want to ask again..... Does that mean the neo must be rooted?
  4. C@bleKill3r

C@bleKill3r Member

Yes you must be rooted! Kreaper, would you mind of I messaged you privately. I would really appreciate your help in creating a guide for others including myself if you've managed to get this to work.
  5. C@bleKill3r

C@bleKill3r Member

Mine works only wired with sixaxis app. I get segmentation fault or it just hangs. The app will pair the controller successfully but once unplugged it won't connect. I've also used the PC USB pair tool. BT address matches system. Tried without any other USB devices in minux. Tried via stock firmware, beta 8 and 9. Also tried connecting via android bt connection which detects the controller but prompts for pin. Typical pins don't work.
  6. C@bleKill3r

C@bleKill3r Member

(And of course) I am rooted.
  7. C@bleKill3r

C@bleKill3r Member

Using latest sixaxis app
  8. Luke Turner

Luke Turner New Member

i dont think so! sixaxis & Bluetooth only works on rockchip devices, no one has managed to solve it on any amlogic device yet so i don't think it will ever come to amlogic sorry
  9. C@bleKill3r

C@bleKill3r Member

Thanks Luke... I believe that is the sad truth here. I just wish the devs had something to say about it and that everyone else offering false hope and fruitless suggestions would move to another forum. Yes kreaper, without a confirmation - that means you.
  10. waloo10

waloo10 New Member

Hi,

I always have a problem to use PS3 SixAxis Controller in the X8-H latest beta firmware : 002 Beta 9 (10/18/2014)
  11. C@bleKill3r

C@bleKill3r Member

Luke- believe it or not, I finally got this to work. Sixaxis app no good for MINIX x8...what works is USB/BT joystick app paired with a CSR usb BT dongle. The app is free and let's you pair with Bluetooth other than built in (what sixaxis app lacks). I found the dongle for 8 bucks for a 2 pack and they actually sent me 4 instead. Look for "Cronus compatable" on amazon but I think BT with CSR is key. I'll post a full guide on this later in the week after ive tested it a bit more.
    Fir3man and danfozzy like this.
  12. danfozzy

danfozzy Member

I can find a dongle with CSR no issue in the UK, can only find Cronus compatible ones in the USA

Hopefully it is the csr ones
  13. C@bleKill3r

C@bleKill3r Member

I wish I had a definite answer for you. Honestly I tried 4 before I found 1 that worked. I can't even tell what specific spec makes it work. All I know for sure is the one I mentioned does. At least the dongles are relatively cheap enough for trial and error. Good luck.
  14. danfozzy

danfozzy Member

Can you provide the link to the shop for the one that worked so I've got something to compare against a known working one?
  15. C@bleKill3r

C@bleKill3r Member

Search Amazon for "USB Bluetooth dongle Cronus compatible" its 8 bucks for 2 pack and they are gold.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  16. danfozzy

danfozzy Member

Links are not against the rules lol if you don't want to or cant post the link can you pm me the link
  17. danfozzy

danfozzy Member

This them?

That's your review on there?
  18. C@bleKill3r

C@bleKill3r Member

Someone might say I'm advertising these dongles....providing a link is pushing it. I've already been banned for much less.
  19. C@bleKill3r

C@bleKill3r Member

Oh and yes....I put a review up 15 mins ago but I don't think its been approved yet.
    danfozzy likes this.
  20. danfozzy

danfozzy Member

you can't be banned for helping the community get round an issue that probably wont be fixed.

I'm not after upsetting you but to say you have 1 working dongle out of 4 that you have tried and not point out which one is working doesn't help.

Just need to try source them outside the US as they won't ship any were else
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.