1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

skype on u9 h

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by vfc, Sep 18, 2017.

1. vfc

vfc Active Member

2. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

Glad to know it's now working (y)

3. Lawley Dowden

Lawley Dowden New Member

clear skype's data.

4. vfc

vfc Active Member

Unfortunately it is again not working correctly ! This driving me crazy now and I believe that this is a minix problem which I think should be seen to. I will also send to Microsoft / Skype to see if they can do something about it as it could be that this problem is arising from their last version.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

PhillyGTA likes this.
  5. JonW

JonW Member

Its probably not the issue but the c270 wasn't in the list of cams Minix said they had confirmed worked with the U9

6. skynet

If it worked one time it should work many times.
    Can you try the Google app i send you ?

vfc likes this.
  7. vfc

vfc Active Member

Not yet as I am presently away from home. I will let you know as soon as I try it.
    Thanks again for your continued help.

8. vfc

vfc Active Member

This was working prior to an update.

9. JonW

JonW Member

Understood it just means they won't test it works with updates.

10. skynet

Do you know if the app was updated after it worked ?
    If yes you can try a full reset again then go to Google play settings and disable automatic updates.
    You can then update the apps you want... or not (y)

11. vfc

vfc Active Member

I had just checked this before I left my house and yes it did update Skype. So I have to restart all again and make sure to get my play store to not do auto updates. I think and hope that this should be Ok. I still think that this is a Minix problem as all latest Skype on my other android appliances, phones, tablets and my other Minix boxes being the U1 and x8 h X 2. I have not tried on my X 7.

12. skynet

Ok, let me know if it works ;)

13. vfc

vfc Active Member

@skynet.
    Back home again.
    I have reset box again, installed Skype you suggested and did change Google play to not auto update.
    Tried to Skype and again it will only partially work. Soon as the other part I am calling answers, the cam switches off and my picture gets lost. Sometimes even my voice is not heard on the other side. I did reboot and still got same problem. Uninstalled apk and downloaded/installed again but problem persists
    Duo works perfect! (I have used this before on my phone, never knew it worked on box / tablet.)

PhillyGTA likes this.
  14. JonW

JonW Member

I thought Duo had to be linked to a phone number so even if it worked on the U9 you couldn't then use on your phone as well?

Thought it would suffer from the same issues as hangouts (black screen), good to hear that's not the case as I'd like to have an alternative to Skype.

15. vfc

vfc Active Member

Correction to what I wrote in my last post.
    Duo is working on Minix u 9 but not on any of the tablets we have. I have to inset my mobile number each time using duo on Minix.

16. skynet

Hi,

So if Duo is working then your webcam is working with this box (drivers, OS, ..). It's definitively an incompatibility between this Skype version and this version of Cam.
    I tried again with my C525 without any issue.
    I don't know what to do now, except trying older Skype version you could donwload here : https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/skype/

vfc likes this.
  17. JonW

JonW Member

We've had an issue with Skype where the video worked but the sound didn't. One time the whole system sound had toggled off (no idea how), the others I couldn't find anything wrong but a reboot solved (even though the Skype microphone icon was greyed out still).

Only things I can suggest from that are to go through your audio and video setting to check your input device is set as your webcam (replace auto setting with the specific device if you're on auto).

Other people have noted issues depending on which USB they used. Advice seemed to be to use USB slot next to the SD slot but maybe play around and see if any help (rebooting each time you change - suggestion was conflicts in boot order with noted slot mounted last)

PhillyGTA and vfc like this.
  18. vfc

vfc Active Member

I have used Skype on my u1 today and now have this problem of no sound and also we other party answers my call, dam switches itself off.
    My U1 was ok the last time I used it which was last Saturday.
    Now Skype is not working on my U1 and U9. Bother Skype versions are not the latest.

19. JonW

JonW Member

Did a reboot solve? We used Sunday without issue (after rebooting)

20. vfc

vfc Active Member

Have tried everything possible and suggested in this post. Nothing seems to get Skype going again.
    This is just on the Minix as on all other androids thing we gave such as 2 tablets and 2 mobile phones, we have no problem at all.

PhillyGTA likes this.