1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Sleep vs. Deep Sleep because of HDD...

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 004 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by newbie99, Apr 10, 2015.

1. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

Hi,

I know this discussion already had done at the past at the S802 X8 and if I'm not wrong MINIX changed the sleep to a 'deep sleep' which also shut down / switch off / power off the USB ports with the argument to save/rest the HDD... I don't know if this 'deep sleep' still exists at the S802 X8... but I know because of the 'deep sleep' many users got problems with there NEO A2 because of the missing IR.

Meanwhile the NEO A2 Lite with IR exists and it seems the S812 X8 Plus is often sold with it, so I wonder why there doesn't also exists the 'deep sleep'?

Ok, e.g. my WD Elements (2.5") seems to go to sleep (blinking) but doesn't loos the power...

I think this discussion also already exits at the S812 X8 Plus, but sorry, I didn't found it :)
  2. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Deep sleep is always there, with a HDD it takes much longer time to go deep sleep,
    Android OS doesn't allow sleep until the scan is complete.
  3. newbie99

Sorry, maybe we talk about different or have a different understanding of this, but I can't identify any 'deep sleep'... as I wrote above, my WD spins off/down and is blinking (I can also check it via touching the case) which I'm thinking means sleep... with unplugged WD I switched the box to sleep (via short press at the A2 Lite and also via the menu) and then I attached/plugged the WD and it spins on (also tested it by waiting one hour)...
  4. MINIX - Ken

Are you using CEC?
    If yes please wait a few more days and test again when we release the hotfix.
  5. newbie99

No, not really, of course CEC exists but not activated at the box (at [Advanced] -> 'CEC control' the four entries are OFF) and of course so no setup at the TV available (device does not exist at the list), but I will wait for the 004a (or how ever you will call it) and will see what will happen...
    (but if I'm not wrong I had the same situation at 003)

If any log will help, please tell me which one and I will try to give it to you...
  6. newbie99

Hi Ken,

same situation at 004A ...
  7. MINIX - Ken

It will always be the same, with HDD it takes much much much longer time to go sleep.
    The system won't allow sleep unless the scan is complete.
    We can't modify this part.
  8. newbie99

Sorry, but the HDD is sleeping, so I don't understand this argument with/because of scanning, because a HDD which is sleeping can not be scanned...
    Anyway, I can live with this situation, because I never use sleep (for me on or off are the only right ways :) )