1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Slow buffering in Kodi

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX' started by MovesLikeSwayze, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Don Grimme

Don Grimme Member

Yes, Exodus is a good successor to Genesis. I wish it had Library integration however. Trakt is okay, but my Trakt "TV Collection" doesn't show how many episodes are unwatched (even though individual episodes are marked).

Also, I'm not enamored with those Real Debrid links (yes, I do have a paid account). Most have very slow buffering and I usually skip over them to get the first GVideo link. If I can't find one, I often use the UMP add-on. And I'm going to check out the new "SALTS HD Lite" add-on.
  2. Chris Wright

Chris Wright New Member

3. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

From where ?? most likely your streaming them from an addon so most likely to be the source, not minix xbmc

check out advancedsettings.xml .... it may help
  4. Don Grimme

Don Grimme Member

Yes, slow buffering is due more to a stream's server than to the user's Internet speed, Ethernet or Wifi, or device. But you can optimize cache by using the Easy Advanced Settings add-on. First, go into SYSTEM > System Info > Hardware > and make a note of the Available RAM memory (in MB). That's your X factor. Then calculate the Y factor (which you'll enter into Easy Advanced Settings): Y = X * 1048576 / 3. Then follow the steps in tutorials like this one to install and use the add-on:

... except enter your Y factor as the CACHMEMBUFFERSIZE, rather than that arbitrary number in the video. In fact, that varies from device to device and depends on the RAM memory being utilized by Kodi (or Minix-XBMC) and other apps.
  5. sidsilver

sidsilver Member

Does this still work for buffering?
  6. Don Grimme

Don Grimme Member

Why wouldn't it? But, remember, the most important thing to do is to select providers which tend to have faster streams, focusing especially on HEVC (.265) streams (which are about half the size for the same resolution and length video). It's worth it to me to pay a modest fee for Real-Debrid ... and to pay nothing at all for an Alluc account. Without those, Gvideo is about the only provider I can count on for high-quality streams with fast buffering.
    Snootyfox likes this.