1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

[Solved] Google Android TV Remote Control

Discussion in 'NEO X8/X8-H 002 beta 9 firmware (20141018)' started by dmatik, Oct 15, 2014.

1. dmatik

dmatik Member

Hi,
    I was not able to use the Google "Android TV Remote Control" with Beta 9. It always just says "No device found".
    I have installed this app from Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.tv.remote
    I saw a review of Beta 9 on YouTube where the guy was showing a working Google TV Remote.
    What am I doing wrong? Am I using the wrong app?

Thanks in advance.
    Justintime likes this.
  2. Silverback

Silverback Member

Is Google remote enabled on your minix? Is your phone connected to the same wifi network as minix? Are you using ethernet or wifi for minix?
  3. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

I think the guy in the video was using Google TV Remote >>> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.tvremote&hl=en
  4. dmatik

dmatik Member

5. dmatik

dmatik Member

Yes that was the case. Wrong app. Now it works! Even if Minix is connected through Ethernet and not WiFi.
    Thank!
    Frederick_99 likes this.
  6. Barre Burtono

Barre Burtono Member

If anybody needs the app and can't get it in their play store I downloaded from apps.evozi.com - you just paste the play store url for the app in there and it gets it for you, checked the md5 and it's good.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
    ftcdave, DigitalWarS and Higgs like this.
  7. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

8. Gooner05

Gooner05 New Member

Is there any reason why the pause button doesn't work on google remote?
  9. donboon

donboon New Member

Use the play button to pause.
    annoporci likes this.
  10. Gooner05

Gooner05 New Member

Aha :lightbulb why didn't I think of that, thank you :)
  11. Andrea Borgia

Andrea Borgia Member

Just out of curiosity, will it work with the X7?
  12. Chung

Chung New Member

The app seem be work well on stock firmware.
    But on beta 9-2, in key mode it's received some same characters for one input, even when I press "Delete" key on virtual keyboard, it continue repeating character. (Using Zenfone 5 to connect with X8-H).
    This bug is not happen when I use MINIX Android Remote App (Am)
    annoporci likes this.
  13. Ronnyy

Ronnyy New Member

Hi
    I can't make it work...

My setup is Neo 8 H plus connected via ethernet to the main switch as the access point
    Google remote enabled ( I also enabled the remote control as well just to see if this would make a different but no luck)

I installed first the android remote tv v 1.0.1 on the wifi of the access point the result was : no device found

Then I found this post of minix
    http://www.minix.com.hk/Apps.htm

That was saying that for neo x8h plus you need to use google remote control and since I did not find the app in app store I downloaded it from the link at the bottom of that article and even with Google remote tv app it still doesn't work same error message no device found

Then I enabled bluetooth on both the phone and minix managed to pair them but the android remite tv still cannot find my android tv
    I live in Belgium

Any hope?
  14. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

I have just tried it and it works fine.

It does not use Bluetooth!

Download the apk here...
    http://minix.com.hk/downfile/Google_TV_Remote.apk

Install on a phone or tablet.
    Enable Google TV Remote on your X8-H Plus.
    Run Google TV Remote and it will search you LAN for Google TV devices.
    When found you have to enter a pairing code.
    Done!
  15. Ronnyy

Ronnyy New Member

Thank you,

this is what I did, and I get "No device found".

I'm sure the Wifi and the network switch work fine, because I'm using two other apps installed on my smart phone via wi-fi to control two other devices which are connected the same way (via ethernet LAN to the switch, which as I mentioned above is connected to the Access point). I'm using it for my Onkyo receiver and for my harmony remote control hub and it works fine.

Do I have to enable the Wi-fi on my Minix? I do not really want to, because via the LAN is faster than wi-fi, but maybe just to test it I could do it...

Do you have any other idea on how to troubleshoot, to see where exactly is the problem?

Many thanks
  16. Ronnyy

Ronnyy New Member

As it couldn't find it automatically you get an option to add it manually by specifying the ip, which I did and it was working, but quite strangely it worked for 5 min and then it was not connected anymore.

While it was working I could move the pointer from the smartphone but how do you click? on the airmouse I click with the pointer by clicking on Ok on the airmouse button, but on the smart phone app how do you click with the remote pointer? do you double tap on the smartphone?

Anybody any ideas how to troubleshoot it? I hope there are other minix users that have it connected via LAN, do you have the same problem?

Many thanks
  17. danfozzy

danfozzy Member

@MINIX - Ken The link has gone down on the minix server. Anyway to get it back?
  18. Villa

19. dimitri1973

dimitri1973 New Member

hi Villa the link has gone need help plz
  20. Villa

Link works just fine!