1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

G4 [SOLVED] NEO G4 108A Stuck on Boot logo

Discussion in 'NEO G4' started by TONIC, Oct 12, 2014.

1. TONIC

TONIC Member

NEO G4 108A Stuck on Boot logo

Not to sure what happend. My G4 was on while uninstalling an APPS and then it just closed by it self. When restarting, it just stays stuck on the Boot logo (X). I tried the PIN reset but nothing is happening.

Please help!!!

Tonic

2. ENDRJUPL

ENDRJUPL Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Did you try reflashing?

3. TONIC

TONIC Member

Hi Kar helped me out on this one. This is now solved.

Thank you

4. kampua

kampua New Member

Hi how did you resolve this? I have the same problem after upgrading to version 530.

5. TONIC

TONIC Member

Actually, my problem real problem was to have my Minix recongnize by my computer. I had installed the driver for it, but nothing happen when I was connecting it.

The way this was solved was to hold and push the cable into the Minix just a bit harder and hold it. From there, my PC found my Minix. The contact was made.

I installed the the Firmware 4.1.1 (G4_108_20131118), the best for Minix G4 and Voila...started everything from scratch!

Hope this helps!

6. EdT586

EdT586 Member

I disagree, the latest 4.2.2.005 is the best, now my G4s looks and performs like my X7/X7 Mini !

7. TONIC

TONIC Member

Does it perform better? I was told by the Moderator (KAR), that the best way to go was with the 4.1.1. Apperatly the 4.2.2.005 has issues with some programs like Netflix.

Can you confirm how long you have been using this new version?

Thank you

8. Quincy

Quincy Active Member

The best version for the G4 is NEO G4-108A 6th FW Release (0730) it works better than any 4.2.2 version or other 4.1.1 ROM....

My two cents..

9. EdT586

EdT586 Member

Prior to v005 F/W, the unoffical v117 was the most stable. v005 lets you use Minix Edition XBMC and CPU lock is disabled to use the G4's dual core CPU to it's maximum potential.
    The v005 F/W is probably the last and best F/W for the G4. I originally owned 5 G4s and now I still use 3 G4s at home and it performs flawlessly for XBMC. I have been using v005 since it came out in end of May early June. The update.zip version of the v005 F/W is no good, use the Rockchip Tool version instead.

Best and surest way to install the Rockchip drivers is to plug the USB cable from your G4 to your PC while depressing the reset button and then plug in the USB cable. Open up Control Panel>Hardware>Device Manager and you will see Rockchip USB device near the top of the list, install the driver from there instead and the Rockchip Tool will turn green once the driver are installed and you are ready to "Restore" the F/W.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  10. TONIC

TONIC Member

Ok, you've convinced me EdT586.

Can you share me the file or link? Have issues downloading it on Minix HK site.

Thnak you

11. EdT586

EdT586 Member

Just go to Minix's download site, it won't let me post a link !

12. TONIC

TONIC Member

I tried many time, but it takes over 8 hours and I get disconnected at the end.....Tried so many time with many different computers. So if someone has this on Dropbox or something...that would be great.

Thank you

13. EdT586

EdT586 Member

I just tried it, downloaded in less than 10 minutes !
    Maybe your download manager is bad ?

14. zodeeac

zodeeac New Member

A week prior to this post the download from Minx was utterly broken, but for the Moment it seems to work.

15. TONIC

TONIC Member

Ok,

Just tried again. Are you using any type of download manager? Still not working and I'm trying from different computers once again.

Thanks

16. zodeeac

zodeeac New Member

I used Jdownloader. It's losing the connection sometimes, but you can continue to download. Unpacks correctly and is flashable. If you tell me what image you need, I may be able to provide you with a stable download.

17. TONIC

TONIC Member

Great Thank you, will definitly try that.

In the mean time, this is what I'm looking for

NEO G4-108A 4.2.2 FW Release (0530, version 005)

18. zodeeac

zodeeac New Member

19. TONIC

TONIC Member

Thank you very much..really appreciated.

20. EdT586

EdT586 Member

I use IDM, downloading at an average of 392kbs !