1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

SOLVED - Problem with 128 GB flash drive USB 3.0

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by Octopus, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Octopus

Octopus New Member

I would have for you one shy question: Can you explain me, why my new MINIX U-1 does not recognise my new flash drive 128GB, despite my laptop – of caurse does?

Thank you for the answer and welcome all,

- Artur aka Octopus
  2. skynet

skynet Active Member

Jun_Teck_Peh likes this.
  3. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

4. skynet

skynet Active Member

You can try both formats.
    Never had problems with ntfs.

Envoyé de mon SM-N9005 en utilisant Tapatalk
  5. xeox

xeox Member

Does the U1 support exFAT file systems?
  6. skynet

skynet Active Member

Yes, no problem ;)
  7. Brook Warren

Brook Warren New Member

I can use a USB stick formatted exFAT fine but if I format an SD card to exFAT, it drags my U1 to its knees trying to access it, rendering it unusable.
  8. skynet

skynet Active Member

Be sure the SD has been formatted with the good tools.
    Try also NTFS format, which is working flawlessly.
  9. Octopus

Octopus New Member

Thank you for all the answers.
    I formated my memory stick again in NTSC... but U1 still does not recognize it.
    This is Integral USB - oryginal, high quality memory.
    3.0 - maybe this is the reason?
    Integral.JPG
  10. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Push it in then pull it out ever so slightly. ie: don't push it completely home!
    Does is work now?
  11. Octopus

Octopus New Member

Dear Villa, YES!!
    You're right.
    Thank you very much for your help, master!
    Villa likes this.
  12. Octopus

Octopus New Member

Problem SOLVED, Thanx again!
  13. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

In my experience, it appears to be a common fault with the MINIX devices! :(
    Unless the MINIX device has USB 3.0 ports like the NGC-1.
  14. Bpmistanbul

Bpmistanbul New Member

Why do minix build new boxes with only usb2.0 when the 3.0 is rather common.. Is there a huge difference in costing between both? As a total noob it's the only thing that dissapointed me about my u1 so far... 4tb of family get togethers to relocate due to my Usb 3.0 hdd just plain killing my u1. guess I threw out the old hdd a bit early...
  15. skynet

skynet Active Member

USB2 is enough to read a big data rate movies from an external hard drive. Why do you need USB3 ?
  16. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

SoC (S905) only suports USB 2.0... so not up to MINIX, ask AMLogic why they don't support USB 3.0 at this SoC...

EDIT:
    If you need USB 3.0 you have to wait till the new S912 will be available http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/12...pport-4k-vp9-hdmi-2-0a-built-in-dac-and-more/
  17. Bpmistanbul

Bpmistanbul New Member

Because I recently had to replace my hdd, and the new one I bought before buying my minix is usb 3.0 as are most of the new Hard drives available in stores locally. it's not a speed issue its compatibility... It's a minor hiccup, I'll get over it.. The positives outweigh the only negative for me... I was just wondering the
  18. Bpmistanbul

Bpmistanbul New Member

Thanks new, I actually started with the Mxq-4K box... The u1 is a huge upgrade on that... Ill just use that to serve the other other boxes till minix release a s912 version... Kill the planet one movie at a time.
  19. dr SHP

dr SHP New Member

hi
    i think the problem is from your flash drive.i have a hp flash drive that has same design and same problem with some usb ports and needs manipulation for working.