1. Official MINIX forum

[SOLVED] Screen becomes green/purple

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by Foreman34, Jan 6, 2016.

1. omerp

omerp New Member

Hi Ken,

Same scenario with Philips TV,
    I'm using FW008 and still have to turn off - turn on force RGB every time I turn on / restart my U1 in order to work properly.
  2. rroscar2410

rroscar2410 New Member

Good evening.
    I am a new Italian user Minix Neo U1 .
    I was a happy Minix Neo x7 user.
    U1 is nice but I have green and pink flash on TV screen.
    I have a TV ( PHILIPS ) and I have set " Force RGB output " but without success.

I'm sorry for my english

thank
  3. jploi

jploi New Member

Hi,
    I was using FW006 for few months and the the force RGB worked quite (even sometimes screen becomes black for a second)
    since I have updated to FW008, seems like this Force RGB option always switchs off after restart of the minix.
    Can you check and correct that in the future update?
    Thanks
  4. DutchDiversion

DutchDiversion Active Member

You are running the 008 firmware?
  5. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

I have moved your post to a more relevant thread!
    rroscar2410 likes this.
  6. cyoram

cyoram New Member

Minix, wake up, I have the same problem. Philips TV PFL7404H, Minix U1 FW008. I have to set Force RGB output even though it is already set in order to solve the problem and after couple of minutes the problem is coming again.
    This problem is not solved yet !
  7. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

We are just trying to help you guys, this is a design flaw of the TV,
    we can't guarantee that it could be 100% working.
    Philips could fix the problem I guess, but I doubt if they would ever release an update for something that old.
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2600405?start=180&tstart=0
    DutchDiversion and Villa like this.
  8. rroscar2410

rroscar2410 New Member

I have version 008, with minix x7 never problems.
  9. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

X7 is having a lower hdmi version. The problem of these TVs are with newer hdmi version, which matches your comment.
  10. rroscar2410

rroscar2410 New Member

I have tested . When I turn on minix U1 find " Force RGB output " set . I off / on and I have no more problems .
  11. Dutchluke

Dutchluke New Member

I have this problem now a few months!The Minix is working excellent but always turning back to green I thought it was ok but still coming back now after a few months this problem I will look for another mediaplayer sad but this keeps going on!
  12. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

If the problem lies with the TV then another mediaplayer may well be just the same?!
    You could really do with finding someone with a different device and trying it with your TV before you splash out on another device!
  13. Dutchluke

Dutchluke New Member

I tried this already with 2 other mediaplayers and no problem at all it is only the Minix Neo U1 that does not work correct
    Villa likes this.
  14. michael strat

michael strat New Member

the fix is simple you need to enable force RGB out in the display setting optin this will fix the problem i had the same issue with my sony lcd and this fixed it.
  15. Dutchluke

Dutchluke New Member

The problem is the S905 AMlogic chip that is in the Minix Neo U1 is what I found out,to force RGB by an older Philips TV the problem is not fixed.
    With the older version Minix Neo X8-H Plus there is no problem at all.
  16. mapakitus

mapakitus New Member

I'm so happy to asked to Minix. They said, return your Minix U1 and get a Minix Neo X8-H Plus.

I did it, and really happy with my X8 Plus.

Hope Minix solve in future this problem because Philips sure not.
  17. mtguido

mtguido New Member

Hi everybody. I just buy a minix neo u1 and i have connect it to my Philips 37PFL. Unfortunately I have the same problem of purple/blu/green display sometimes. I just tried to activer forced RGB but problem continue to appear.

Please tell me that i can do something...i just spend 120€ to buy the minix.

Thank you so much
  18. mapakitus

mapakitus New Member

Change it for Minix Neo X8-H +. Had the same problem and was the answer for minix technical support.
    With X8-H or X8-H + my Philips 37PFL works ferfectly.
  19. mtguido

mtguido New Member

So there are no way to solve it????
    I must change it?
  20. mapakitus

mapakitus New Member

I tried a lot of things. And minix was clear. Philips Will not solve the problem. Then change it and enjoy.