1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

[SOLVED] Screen becomes green/purple

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by Foreman34, Jan 6, 2016.

1. mtguido

mtguido New Member

But minix has really telled you that there are no way to solve it? Neither in future update of minix?
    So why this thread have the tag "SOLVED" on it?
  2. mapakitus

mapakitus New Member

Telled me, at this moment no, in future don't know. But minix not need to solve the problem. Philips Will do it. Change it for Minix X8-H + with Best remote ever and enjoy. No problems with Philips 37pfl, Samsung and LG tvs
  3. mtguido

mtguido New Member

For me is not simple, i am in italy and i bought it throw amazon. Surely will be difficult and long to change it. And before doing it i want to be sure that this is the only way.
    Perhaps now i'm reading in page 4 an user saing that with a 1,4 high speed hdmi cable problem solved...should it possible?
    Another things..i checked on philips website and i found a firmware-software update of 2010 of my television model: may this solve?
  4. mapakitus

mapakitus New Member

I'm Spanish and bought 3 of them in Amazon. Best way to buy it. Explain the problem, returned to Amazon and they turn me my money and bought the X8-H plus.
    Tried with 4 different HDMI cables and with Last Philips firmware.

See you, and good luck
  5. mtguido

mtguido New Member

Ok but i repeat to you that reading this thread seems like solution should be.
    1) Cable 1,4?
    2) Philips firmware update?

Also now i am reading about a user that say that forced RGB works if you switch off and then on every time you turn on minix neo u1..

P.s. I checked my version. If i go in firmware update i read: "LMY47V.20160816 release-keys"
    If i go to information in the advanced settings i read "build number: U1 FW009A 20160816"
    Am I at latest version?
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  6. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

009A is the latest...
    BTW: If amazon then at minimum fulfillment...
  7. mtguido

mtguido New Member

Not understand what you mean..
  8. newbie99

Yes, 009A is the latest fw...

BTW: If you order at amazon then you should, if you order via marketplace (other shops than amazon), only use shops where amazon handles the fulfillment to get full amazon support..
  9. mtguido

mtguido New Member

I checked in my amazon order and I see that i can send back it until 4 November. I am just checking with minix support if I can do something considering that in this thread there is tag "SOLVED".
  10. newbie99

You are right, solved for thread-starter and for most but not for all (blame phillips which seems to doesn't like standards)...
    As @mapakitus already mentioned replace it with a Minix Neo X8-H Plus...

EDIT: or time to buy a new TV :)
    Villa likes this.
  11. rroscar2410

rroscar2410 New Member

I solved putting the minix to sleep and switch on to remote control.
    If I turn off the Minix when I turn on imposed "force rgb output" first off and then on.
  12. quesaber

quesaber New Member

Hey KEN, problem again, after installing the latest firmware update the RGB forced doesn't work anymore. The Philips tv turns green and purple, even if for few seconds it's pretty annoying. Can you fix it? Or can someone tell me how can I downgrade my NEO U1 to the previous firmware? Thanks.
    Has anyone the same problem after installing the latest available update?
  13. mtguido

mtguido New Member

What is the version of the last firmware? I update last time 15/20 days ago..
  14. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

15. mtguido

mtguido New Member

Ok so i will not upgrade before have news about Philips rgb fix
  16. newbie99

17. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

18. quesaber

quesaber New Member

LMY47V.20161012 RELEASE-KEYS
  19. quesaber

quesaber New Member

Thanks for answering, how do I reflash to downgrade to the previous version? There's any guide over here in the forum? A link?
    Thank you.
  20. newbie99

Have a look at my post above and have a look at one of the fw threads...