1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Sorry if I am being 'thick' but what is 'FOTA' ???

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 007 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by J_P_H, Oct 12, 2015.

1. J_P_H

J_P_H New Member

Is FOTA an 'app' - to update firmware 'over the air', and, if so, where can I get it please ?
    Many thanks
    J.
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

J_P_H likes this.
  3. J_P_H

J_P_H New Member

Hi Higgs, thanks for the link sir ! - I did try a search but coudnt find that post due to all the mentions of FOTA in firmware pages. ...
    The model is an X8 H Plus, I cannot tell you the firmware as I am awaiting delivery - I am trying to get some information from the forums prior to receiving it.
    So, if I understand correctly, the Minix customised firmware (based on the Android OS) is downloaded via system update. Excellent stuff.
    Thanks again
    J.
  4. adi_tca

adi_tca Trusted Helper Trusted Helper

When your box will arrive, open mboxsettings - other: there you will have the Build Number, which is the identifier for the FW release, which is in the form of KOT49Hyyyymmdd release or test keys.
    Latest FW release for Neo X8-H Plus is FW oo7A, or KOT49H20150925.

With FW 002 a new FOTA app has been introduced, called System Update, which looks like this in your app list:
    [​IMG]

Depending on which FW release (i.e Build Number) your box will come with, you can use either this app to have FW upgrade step by step, or using a USB update.zip package or a full system image using a burning tool from your PC.
    J_P_H likes this.
  5. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Similar question and advice here...
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/firmware-update-neo-x8-h-plus-im-confused.8388/
    J_P_H likes this.
  6. J_P_H

J_P_H New Member

Thanks for your help guys. Really appreciated.
    J.