1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Sound issue with NEO-Z83-4 (Fix at page 2, #32)

Discussion in 'NEO Z83-4' started by jsward12, Mar 1, 2017.

1. jsward12

jsward12 New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2017
  2. Miki Bennet

Miki Bennet New Member

I have exactly the same issue and it really is driving me crazy.

It looks as if, whenever there is no sound for a few minutes and then I play something that has sound, then the audio plug gets a boost of power that causes it to play "thump thump" sound

I just received my Minix Z83-4 last week and this defect really makes this great device into a very annoying device
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  3. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

what is "thumb thumb"??
  4. MINIX - Ken

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  5. jsward12

jsward12 New Member

When attempting to update the driver, windows says I am already running the best driver.
  6. tunay

tunay Member

Hi guys , exactly the same problem in my z83-4. Any ideas to fix that problem?
  7. Peter Harp

Peter Harp New Member

The link Ken posted above simply takes you to the Realtek site. What is the actual file I need to down load which gives me the latest Audio Codecs?
  8. tunay

tunay Member

The link seems to be wrong. Error appears after klicking
  9. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

10. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Screenshot_2017-03-10-12-46-36.png
  11. bencali

bencali New Member

I have the EXACT same issue. "POP POP" being sent through the speakers when connected via a 3.5mm audio cable. It's extremely loud and very unprofessional for those who want to use this in the living room for media / audio.
    What's even more frustrating is that I'm having to use the 3.5mm audio because the MINIX stops sending sound via the Mini-DP cable after periods of time, and requires a re-boot for it to work again. Normally, I have mini-dp to DP cable connected to my LG Ultrawide Monitor, and then my headphones or speakers connected out of the LG monitor.
    Something is causing the MINIX to stop passing audio via the Mini-DP. HDMI works all day long, through multiple wake/sleep cycles.

PLEASE HELP.
    I've already updated the BIOS to current. MINIX support has said they don't provide support, only the reseller does.
  12. tunay

tunay Member

I live with the* Pop Pop^ for about 4 months. Still no one figured it out. Hope with the next update will be everything okey. Maybe something in Bios went wrong?
  13. rollingrock

rollingrock Member

PLEASE HELP.
    I've already updated the BIOS to current. MINIX support has said they don't provide support, only the reseller does.[/QUOTE]

This is concerning that MINIX do not provide support.
  14. tunay

tunay Member

After updating Realtek driver the issue appears again. Thats frustrating me. Any help?
  15. MINIX - Ken

Have you updated the graphics driver?
    For the mini DP issue you mentioned, it must be a driver related problem.

For the POP POP thing, how can we copy it?
    We searched from the Internet, it usually happens only when the setup is lack of GROUNDING.
    Try grounding all your stuff (PC, speaker, etc..), that should solve your problem.
  16. MINIX - Ken

Does it happen during boot or during use? Can you tell us how to copy the problem?
    It's not a BIOS/hardware issue.

Similar problem has been haunting my Dell XPS13 for the past 2-3 years,
    I can only disable/enable the audio driver every time when it happens.
  17. tunay

tunay Member

What do you mean with grounding? All cables dont touch each other. I will try to record a video later for the mentioned problem.
  18. tenmile

tenmile New Member

I experience the same issue. When you go to any source that can play audio (e.g. YouTube or access an audio file, or even a browser window with an audio/video advertisement) there is a loud thump/thump. It only happens the first time -- e.g. if on YouTube it only happens when you initially open the site, if you watch multiple videos they play and sound fine. If you exit the browser and come back -- it will make the sound again. It seems like some sort of signal that's being sent to the audio card telling it to prepare to play sound.
  19. tenmile

tenmile New Member

I should add -- that it's ANY application that makes sound that triggers the noise. Even the default Windows sounds triggers it -- for example, plug in a USB device you get the default Windows alert sound and over top of that is the thump thump.

Note that the audio speakers I use are connected to the green audio output port with a standard audio connector. They are powered speakers and are grounded. I've used them for years with other devices. If I plug them into my laptop with Windows 10 the work properly without the thump/thump audio sound.
  20. MINIX - Ken