1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Sound issue with NEO-Z83-4 (Fix at page 2, #32)

Discussion in 'NEO Z83-4' started by jsward12, Mar 1, 2017.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

It seems that the new Realtek driver is very buggy,
    we shall reflect this to them.
  2. jsward12

jsward12 New Member

@Villa yep so far so good. Sorry for the delay in my response!
    Villa likes this.
  3. zzpaulkzz

zzpaulkzz New Member

Awesome support here. Just got my Neo and was dismayed to here that 'thump thump'. Driver updated and problem gone. Thanks.
  4. redcat

redcat New Member

Hi,

The sound issue is not solved with this update. I still have no sound sometimes (very frequentlly i f not all days in 5 days at least 4 wih no sound) when I turn on the device. To get sound I need to turn off the unit and then turn on again to get the sound. I need a permanent fix for all the unit problems but untill now NON of the unit problems was solved since the day that get the device.

By the way my TV is a LG 32LF5800
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
  5. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

It's not an update, it's a driver downgrade.
    Have you assigned the audio output device to your TV?
    You should return it if you are having various problems that are affecting your use.
  6. Zee007

Zee007 New Member

I tried this and still have the same issue. My driver was already up to date. What now?
  7. redcat

redcat New Member

Hi Ken,

Yes the audio output is assigned to my TV LG 32LF5800.
  8. KDB

KDB New Member

I had the thump thump issues too. Just applied the audio driver fix and no more random speaker thumps. Thanks Ken!
  9. zurabi

zurabi New Member

Thank's a lot! Now issue is fixed already.
  10. Zee007

Zee007 New Member

I have the same issue on my bluetooth speaker only. If i plug in the Minix to a TV it works fine, but not via a bluetooth speaker. But the speaker works great with several other devices (PC's, Macs, phones etc).

Any solution? The bluetooth driver is up to date.
  11. Nelson Chavez

Nelson Chavez New Member

I was refer here by MINIX I purchased a MINIX Z83-4 and I have no sound, error says no "audio output device is installed" I don't even see an audio device in my device manger just a bunch of unknown devices, could you please help?
    I have reset the PC as advice by MINIX but no improvement.

Thanks
  12. Omac1981

Omac1981 New Member

Playing audio via HDMi through my TV or via a bluetooth speaker is no problem. However, when I try plugging headphones or my amplifier through the headphone jack output at the back of the minix box, it does not work and I get no sound at all. Can you please advise?
  13. Warobaz

Warobaz New Member