1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Sound Issues Try This!

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H, X8 Plus & X8 Official Firmware Releases' started by mrdude, Sep 7, 2017.

1. mrdude

mrdude New Member

After using this minix for a while and having sound dissapearing issues, I finally found out what was causing this. As Minix haven't fixed the issue yet or even acknowledged there's a problem, I wouldn't hold my breath on them fixing the issue any time soon - although it's a software issue and nothing to do with hardware.

People that use usb devices with audio, such as Minix A2 air mouse or other air mouse's with sound support seem to be having these sound disappearing issues when using Kodi and other apps where randomly the sound cuts out.

(it's caused by usb devices with audio driver not working properly)

To check if it's your usb device, start a stream in Kodi or whatever and remove the usb (for your remote) dongle from your minix, if the sound returns - you know that's the issue.

You can enable developer mode on the Minix by going to more settings and then about at the bottom of the settings page, click on 'about' 5 times quickly and you can enable developer mode, now exit settings and then go back into settings again, you'll now see a developer mode link - click on that and scroll down the page, disable usb audio. Reboot the Minix and your sound will start working fine.

This is obviously a driver issue and nothing to do with your hardware, but like I said above - Minix don't care and won't/haven't even tried to fix this issue yet.
  2. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

There is a Setting in the firmware to disable USB audio!

Since FW002A almost three years ago!
    - Added "No output to USB audio" option (SETTINGS -> Display)
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017