1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

SPMC 16.x (KODI) modified for Rockchip

Discussion in 'General Rockchip ( x5mini/x5/x7/x7mini )' started by HardwareGuru, Apr 11, 2016.

1. EagleEye

EagleEye Member

Wasser fw isnt supported
  2. Overworld

Overworld New Member

Hmm... I'm missing all pvr plugins here. Passthrough works though so thank you! :) But how do get my Pvr on?
  3. Sexbmc

Sexbmc New Member

hi guys

I recently upgraded to spmc 16.2 for rockchip devices from gotham on my X7

but have a couple of minor quirks that im sure you could help solve. im not adverse to editing xml files.

1. under the videos tab when i select the 'files' sub tab it brings up the last video screen i was on or brings up a folders screen outside of the files folder.
    on gotham it would default into the files folder where i could select the internal or external sd.
    is there a way to make it function like it did on gotham?

2. there are no music visualizations to select after upgrading.
    is there a way to copy the spectrum graph from gotham over to spmc jarvis, and where would these folders be located.

thanks

PS. I also get split second audio drop outs with pass through enabled SPDIF, but i dont think there is a fix from what ive been reading
  4. Sexbmc

Sexbmc New Member

...or can someone direct me to information on how to write code for a custom tab on the cross media bar in confluence. the only information i could find involved editing the home.xml file which i cant find in spmc's version. spmc's version seems to use a settings gui xml file that's written differently.
  5. lorife

lorife New Member

Hello, I tried your version 16.2

First of all, THANK YOU!

then, I have just one problem with PASSTHROUGH which I'm explaining:

device: Rikomagic MK902II

video to test:

- 1080p h265 10 bit movies:

I downloaded this torrent from kat.cr:

star-wars-episode-vii-the-force-awakens-2015-1080p-bluray-x265-10bit-aac-5-1-en-fr-joy-utr-t12318545

- 1080p h265 movies (not 10 bit):

I downloaded this torrent from kat.cr:

the-big-bang-theory-s09e01-the-matrimonial-momentum-1080p-hdtv-x265-aac-5-1-joy-utr-t11298015

My dolby is a Yamaha YHT-294.

In your SPMC I have set:

AUDIO

-- Enable passthrough: TRUE
    -- Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver: TRUE
    -- Enable Dolby Digital transcoding: FALSE (with true I cannot hear audio)
    -- Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) capable receiver: TRUE

VIDEO

-- Mediacodec surface: FALSE (with true, I cannot see 10bit 1080p movies)

Using these settings I can see everything and hear everything but for movies ripped in those 2 methods passthrough DO NOT work.

Audio is stereo.

Thank you again for all your work!! Do you think you can fix it?
  6. EagleEye

EagleEye Member

The x7 cant play hevc / x265 and cant play 10bit video :) its hardware related
  7. lorife

lorife New Member

I'm not so sure about that...I said I can see them using this spmc modified and also very fluid.

The problem with those movies is just the audio which is just stereo
  8. lorife

lorife New Member

I think the problem is that I cannot enable "Enable Dolby Digital transcoding" because otherwise the sound is like a constant "TATATATATA".

If I use the standard kodi I cannot see anything but I can enable the option "Enable Dolby Digital transcoding" and the audio is in dolby 5.1

So it has to be a little bug on this version.

If @HardwareGuru will be so nice to fix it I can say this version is perfect and amazing!
  9. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

Try setting the android media vollume to 100%
  10. EagleEye

EagleEye Member

Fixed? :D
  11. aennea

aennea New Member

12. ZeevE

ZeevE New Member

Hello,

What is the difference between the SPMC 16.1 to the SPMC 16.2 downloaded files?
    Which of them is better to install on my NEO X7 with the KK v250?
    And will this install of these SPMC 16.X files cancel or delete the XBMC v13.3 that installed in the KK v250 on my X7 device or both of them can be kept on device to work with each of them as per my personal preferences?
  13. HardwareGuru

Its just a version bump. You can keep xbmc for minix and spmc.. they can be installed both.
  14. ZeevE

ZeevE New Member

Thank you HardwareGuru for your reply.
    But yet I didn't understand which of these versions - the SPMC 16.1 or the SPMC 16.2 is better to work on my Minix NEO X7 with firmware KK v250?
    Can you please point on which of these versions SPMC 16.1 or 16.2 should work better on my X7 device running with the KK v250 as per your experience about?
    And in case I will install firstly the SPMC 16.2 on my X7 device and find it with some problems issues - Will I be able to install the SPMC 16.1 directly on it (Downgrading the 16.2 version) or may I need to uninstall the version 16.2 first?
    Many thanks for any piece of information about.
  15. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

16.2 is the latest. Use that! (y)
    ZeevE likes this.
  16. ZeevE

ZeevE New Member

Thank you Villa.
    Is thers any known problem issues with this SPMC 16.2 version that I need to know when installed on X7 device running on official KK v250?
  17. Fabian

Fabian New Member

compiling 16.4 now...
    Fedur, Molle and Marcos like this.
  19. EagleEye

EagleEye Member

This is great how about kodi 17?
  20. jackk11111

jackk11111 New Member

Hi. I tried all version spmc modified but pvr simple client don't work. Work Only xbmc for minix. New 16.4 will work? Sorry my bad English. Thanks

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk