1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Streaming apps not loading properly with 003 firmware

Discussion in 'X8, X8 Plus, X8-H Official Firmware 003' started by MINIX - Ken, Feb 9, 2015.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Dear all,

Please list out the region, app and play store link to the apps that were working fine but not with 003 firmware, or those that never worked.

We shall fix them as soon as we can, thanks.

Regards,
    Team MINIX.
    RekyBos likes this.
  2. Xuo

Xuo New Member

After update to firmware 003 I can't play videos with the app YOMVI.
  3. gaz31

gaz31 New Member

Can confirm video doesn't load with the latest firmware version.
  4. hpsims

hpsims New Member

I'm also having issues with my subscription video streaming apps. TMNGo and Crave TV won't load the video in FW003. They worked fine in 002. I also saw that others have similar issues with other apps. They worked on the previous firmware before. I brought this up and Ken from Minix asked I send him the apks. But I think that its not an issue with the apps themselves but with the firmware unfortunately.
  5. tepusg

tepusg New Member

I hope there's a firmware update soon or an easy fix in the settings, but I couldn't find any
  6. BengGaBoy

BengGaBoy New Member

Hi all, I'm also facing the same problem. App able to launch and user able to log in. However, video are not displaying at all. I'm using X8-H with FW v003 and apk v4.0826.

By the way, is it possible to downgrade back to previous version of FW ? If so, which version is workable with PLP ?
  7. tepusg

tepusg New Member

i am waiting for a fix for 003 firmware, there must be a way of downgrading if you look on this site but we better to wait. Sounds like most streaming apps arent working anymore, not just PLP.
  8. toborovski

toborovski New Member

This is quite interesting. One of the apps I use to watch live streams started (finally!) working after this latest update. So apparently they fixed something but at the same time broke something else.
  9. BengGaBoy

BengGaBoy New Member

I tried to "downgrade" back to 002A FW using the USB flash drive method. The box did a reboot and halfway through the installation, it will exit out and proceed with normal booting.

It seems that it has a logic in build to detect newer version already in place in your box, thus, it will abort the FW upgrade.

Any idea on how to downgrade ? Judging with the holiday, time taken to resolve and priorities, it will take them sometime to release the next version. By then I will have miss 1 month of BPL :(

So the fastest way to get around is to downgrade the FW.
  10. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

You can use the PC Upgrade method to flash back to 002a
  11. BengGaBoy

BengGaBoy New Member

OK. Tried using the computer to "downgrade" the FW from 003 version on Minix X8-H

Here are the results:

002A version 20141213 - 450MB image file can be downloaded from Minix & loaded using computer method
    PLP - confirm working
    Kodi v14.1 - confirm working

002A version 20141224 - another 450MB & only via FOTA
    PLP - confirm working
    Kodi v14.1 - confirm working

Hence, I have confirmed PLP working with FW version 002A (both date code).

Pls note that in the process of downgrading from 003 -> 002A/1213 version via computer method, all data will be wiped out. Thus, you need to set and install your desire APK all over again. However, upgrading from 1213 -> 1224 via FOTA, it's OK, all your data remain intact.

The strange this is, with 1224 version, there's a circular thingy in the middle of the screen reflecting refresh at about 5 secs interval for PLP. I did not notice/pay attention to 1213 FW version. Though it's a bit annoying, however, it's better than no video like in 003 version.

Hope it helps.
    gaz31 likes this.
  12. tepusg

tepusg New Member

have the same issue with the circular cursor , its an app /minix issue as connection is fast enough, it does it even on the lowest quality. Annoying. I don't think the cache for app is big enough but not sure how to change it. Bummer.
  13. MINIX - Ken

SkyGo, Yomvi, TMNGo , Crave TV, what else?
    Premierleaguepass, any link to Play Store? Thanks.
  14. MINIX - Ken

I've edited the title of this thread, please feel free to report any apps that were working fine but not with 003.
    We shall start checking them once our holidays finished.
    Thanks.
  15. MINIX - Ken

What is BPL? (Barclays Premier League?)
    and what is PLP? (Premier League Pass?)
    Are you referring to the same app?
    Please clarify, thanks.
    I need the link to Play Store as well, thanks.
  16. Xuo

Xuo New Member

EDONON, it is like Yomvi but from another Internet provider (Euskaltel).

With previous firmware EDONON and Yomvi were working fine, now I have the same error message:
    "Media server has died, we are working hard to recover"

Hope you could launch a fix soon, I pay for booth apps services.

Thanks.
  17. Sérgio Ferreira

Sérgio Ferreira New Member

Hello!
    Streaming problems in x8 with 003.
    Mine streaming apps were working ok. When i update to 003, mine Vodafone app stoped working.
    "tv net voz Vodafone" on playstore.

Thanks.
  18. stefan9999

stefan9999 New Member

Horizon Go ( Play store)
  19. BengGaBoy

BengGaBoy New Member

Yes. BPL means Barclays Premier League and PLP is referring to Premier League Pass app.

The link to playstore is as follow:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.neulion.android.plp&hl=en
    RekyBos likes this.
  20. MINIX - Ken

Belojstanutzz likes this.