1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Streaming apps not loading properly with 003 firmware

Discussion in 'X8, X8 Plus, X8-H Official Firmware 003' started by MINIX - Ken, Feb 9, 2015.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

You know how things work, good and thanks.
  2. MINIX - Ken

Just one reason - we got few more fixes from Amlogic right after releasing 004 for X8-H PLUS, that's why it got 004A and you guys go straight to 004.
    Seriously? Yes, we treat you guys seriously.
  3. MINIX - Ken

Yes, and you guys are getting one because we combined the fixes and make it easier.
  4. MINIX - Ken

It has been almost 50 days since we sent email to Ziggo.
    ziggobv@gmail.com
    Yet they are not replying.
    We sent a few times during these 40-50 days.
  5. RekyBos

RekyBos New Member

6. RekyBos

RekyBos New Member

Have you try Asia HDTV apk?thats the paid iptv..the video hd output on minix seem to look like water colour texture.Other movies on xbmc are great hd quality.
  7. MINIX - Ken

please try on 004 firmware which will be pushed via FOTA this week and report back later.
  8. Another User

Another User New Member

I figured out the RTMP library is not working for FW3 for stream media, but was working for V1. Is the latest RTMP library version going to be added in FW4 ?

Kodi V14.2 works with RTMP streams apparently, but I have not tried yet.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Update_librtmp
  9. vinnu

vinnu New Member

I tried the v6 app which was working in version 002A is not working in 004A.
  10. MINIX - Ken

?????
  11. Max Sejersen

Max Sejersen New Member

12. MINIX - Ken

We did not mention it's fixed.
    It takes time.
    (Please note that this app is listed as incompatible with our device on Play Store, maybe it can't be fixed.)
  13. Max Sejersen

Max Sejersen New Member

But it was working before so hopefully it will be fixed. And my info was just for other users i've told to follow this forum that has the same problem using the tdc app. Know you are doing all you can to fix these problems.
  14. MINIX - Ken

May I know the "before" was when , and which firmware?
    Does the same firmware works now with this app's latest version?
  15. Max Sejersen

Max Sejersen New Member

It was working on firmware 02. But yes the app has also changed since then. In the tv section it now posible to switch from small to full screen and it seems like thats the problem because when switching to and from full screen I see a short glimt of picture but after that only sound. Hope that might help to clarify the problem
  16. MINIX - Ken

We tested the apk with firmware 002, and it doesn't work as well.
    Seems the app itself is broken somehow.
    Please verify the same combination on your side if possible, thanks.
  17. Max Sejersen

Max Sejersen New Member

I can confirm the latest release of the TDC app does not work on firmware 002 anymore :(. But still hope you will look into why it does not work. I bought 4 minix boxes to stream TV using this app :(
  18. MINIX - Ken

If they made it not working, it's hard for us to fix it, right?
    Can you use the old apk instead?
    "I bought 4 minix boxes to stream TV using this app" <-- Maybe this is the reason why they made it not working.:confused:
  19. Max Sejersen

Max Sejersen New Member

Asked tdc for the old apk but that was not posible. And no tdc has not blocked this device since I have asked them and as tdc customer you get 4 logins so its fully allowed and works on other android devices? It seemed to me this error was similar to other reported bugs on minix x8h perhaps they have changed codec or something in latest release im not an expert. I will not bother you anymore unless I can be helpful testing this app. ☺
  20. Xuo

Xuo New Member

Did you looked for an older version on aptoide or another alternative store?