1. Official MINIX forum -Forum was offline for maintainance during last weekend and is back online now.

Stuck at recovery screen after trying FW 004 FOTA update

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 004 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by vanyy, Jun 14, 2015.

1. vanyy

vanyy New Member

I was trying to update my Minix box to the latest fw starting from 20141122.
    Everything went smootly until I got the 90% stuck error during the 004 update. I waited several hours and (after reading about the bug here) unplugged the device.

After restart, the device went into reboot lock: during the update process at approx. 30%, the device always rebooted itself. After the 10th reboot I unplugged it again.

Now its stuck at the recovery screen.

I do not have Windows for flashing.

Could someone please provide me the official 004 fw update.zip file, so I would try to finish the upgrade process by selecting the EXT (USB) update option from the recovery.
  2. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

3. vanyy

vanyy New Member

Thank you very much Villa! It worked!
  4. Villa

5. Davidkerr

Davidkerr New Member

Same problem as described above - following the above solution I just downloaded http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=X8H_PLUS_FW005_USB.zip . What is the checksum supposed to be ? Does anyone know what the root problem for this hang when updating using FOTA ? I presume it also checks the downloaded checksum before continuing ? Will this recovery mechanism result is lost data ?
    Thanks
  6. Villa

Try Option 2 here...
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x8-h-plus-updating-the-firmware-not-via-fota.8331/
  7. Davidkerr

Davidkerr New Member

Yes that was my plan ... just looking forhte checksum of the zip file to verify the download ...

Thanks
  8. Villa

9. Davidkerr

Davidkerr New Member

Many thanks.