1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Terrarium TV

Discussion in 'MINIX & General Android Apps' started by Rob 2015, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Rob 2015

Rob 2015 New Member

Sorry in advance if I posted this in the wrong section.

I noticed that when I play movies from terrarium tv nearly all shows play with mxplayer are hw+. The issue is when mxplayer decodes the software it has bad frame drops. If I select just HW it says its not supported, this means I cannot use the stock video player to adapt the refresh rate. Am I missing something? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Nearly forgot its a minix u9-h
  2. Luis Gray

Luis Gray New Member

Try using vlc player or if you have updated terrarium tv to the latest version go to settings and select the new built in player

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
  3. Rob 2015

Rob 2015 New Member

Hi, I've used vlc player also. It buffers really bad. The only way I can get it to run smoothly is if I open with kodi. Not all streams work with kodi, most of them do. For some reason streaming videos are not supported by the minix. However showbox works fine with default player. It would be good if someone with a minix u9-h could test this issue and get back to me.

Cheers
  4. Luis Gray

Luis Gray New Member

Sorry I don't know any other solutions, let's just hope minix sort the problem.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
  5. Rob 2015

Rob 2015 New Member

Thanks for the reply anyway...
  6. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

U9-H, MX Player Pro V1.9.8

I see no issues! :)
  7. Rob 2015

Rob 2015 New Member

Hi, so when you play a movie with terrarium tv and mxplayer does it say hw+ on the top right corner? Could you please also select the android default player and tell me the results? Thanks
  8. Villa

The couple of streams I just tried default was HW. When selected HW+ all still played fine!
    I don't know how to find a stream that defaults to HW+ ?
  9. Rob 2015

Rob 2015 New Member

Could you please try ted 2 select 1080p - ImDark (ImDark)(1.94GB)
  10. Villa

Don't know what Android default player is? Don't have any options, only options for other media players that are installed!
  11. Rob 2015

Rob 2015 New Member

If you click on the link then select play with
  12. Rob 2015

Rob 2015 New Member

Then select video player right at the bottom
  13. Villa

Yes but there is no Android default player!
    Only get 1080p Afdah 1.94GB and it defaults to HW. Plays just fine!
  14. Villa

Yep sorry missed that! :p
  15. Villa

Appears to play just fine!
  16. Rob 2015

Rob 2015 New Member

No go my side. If I change mine from hw+ to hw it says HW decoder not supported. I'll see if I can flash the image file this weekend and post back the results. Really appreciate your time. Cheers
  17. Villa

Which version of MX Player?
  18. Villa

Have you dabbled with the MX Player settings?
    All mine are default!
  19. Rob 2015

Rob 2015 New Member

No all default. Whatever the latest version is from playstore. However it should play with the stock player also that's why hw doesn't work either. When it uses hw it uses the box for video. When it's hw+ it decodes the software, it always defaults to this because it can't use the android box hardware.
  20. Rob 2015

Rob 2015 New Member

Did a complete flash with a image file and made no difference. When I use showbox everything works fine. Just had a popup saying support for this video codec is missing from your device. (In terrarium one stream). Is there a way to install codecs? I'm thinking it might be a 1080p thing as all showbox movies are 720 and everything is butter smooth.