1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Tested working micro SD card on Z83-4

Discussion in 'NEO Z83-4' started by Hartley, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Hartley

Hartley New Member

Hi,

I remember reading on some of the forum pages that people were wondering what micro SD cards work on these mini pcs's. I have just tested a 128GB Lexar 633x SDXC card UHS-I U1 Class 10 (blue and black coloured card) and the Z83-4 recognises it straight away and has no issues. I have tried a much smaller capacity Samsung 8GB MicroSD and that worked too. I read on here that 128GB was the highest recorded capacity tested.

Hope this helps those interested in purchasing SDS's for more storage space :)
  2. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

256GB works too. (Samsung EVO+)
  3. Edmiand

Edmiand New Member

Hi Minix support,

I bought a new 128gb san disk micro sd. From day one i noticed card disconnects from time to time. Still visible in windows explorer, but no size and content can't be acccessed. Windoes retart resolves the issue. Please advise.

Thanks,
    Dmitriy
  4. tomturbo

tomturbo New Member

Same problem here. A 16gb sandisk works perfect.
  5. Caduceus26

Caduceus26 New Member

I have exactly the same disconnect problem with a 64 GB Sandisk Micro SD card. Since I use it for backing up my system I've had to plug the SD card into a SD-to-USB device which solved the problem. However, I hope that Minix has a solution to fix this issue.
  6. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Is Windows updated?

MS solved this kind of issue by Windows update before.
  7. Caduceus26

Caduceus26 New Member

All drivers updated and Windows ver is 1607 as the Windows Creator update fails consistently (only on the Minix platform) with unable to update partition.
  8. srjuanjo

srjuanjo Member

exactly the same issue with my 64GB Sd memory (micro SanDsik).. any solutions? could it be due to the new bios? It was working ok on 1.4 before,..
  9. srjuanjo

srjuanjo Member

Well finally my SD card is working without disconnecting.
    What I have done is using my SD card as a storage only. If I set up my SD card as a part of the system (by installing or executing app on it) it disconnects.
    So I am using now an usb pen drive to install apps and my SD card as storage (files, music, videos etc), it is annoying but I have not found any other solution, please if you did share. Thanks.
  10. gadgetuk

gadgetuk New Member

Ah thought only me has this problem, hope solution Found soon, always have to reboot, mines a sandisk 64gb class 10 but seems most cards do the same.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
  11. Caduceus26

Caduceus26 New Member

Glad to hear that your problem is resolved. As I indicated initially, my SD Card is only used as a storage device for my system backups. I have a separate 4 TB mini HD for installing/executing apps. The SD Card still disconnects when installed in the SD slot. It never disconnects when I insert it into a SD-to-USB stick. Therefore, I must conclude that my problem is with the Z83-4 micro-slot/firmware rather than how the SD card is being used.
  12. klapa

klapa New Member

I have exactly the same problem - I planned to use the SD card for extra app location and ran across this when installing/executing programs on the card. Mine is Patriot 128Gb card. The problem seems to clear itself after terminating the program involved (browser program and other was installation of application).
    I hope they solve this issue as I would prefer to use the SD as a permanent plugged in device which I would use for files and applications that are a permanent part of the system and the USB3 for transitory storage.
  13. rodrigokfw

rodrigokfw New Member

14. klapa

klapa New Member

So, do I understand correctly that you are saying this issue with the SD card disconnecting when being accessed is tied to the issue of the USB disconnecting during inactivity, and replacing the driver with the one linked above, along with the registry tweaks in the other thread, will fix the SD disconnection issue?
    Villa likes this.
  15. gadgetuk

gadgetuk New Member

Exactly what I was going to say, hope it is.

16. rodrigokfw

rodrigokfw New Member

Yes. I think it's a problem with the windows 10 drivers.
  17. gadgetuk

gadgetuk New Member

Will wait and let someone else try it and confirm first.

18. klapa

klapa New Member

I have not yet seen this problem reoccur - so I need to be able to duplicate the problem first.

One difficulty in duplicating the problem is that it seems many (browsers at least) WIN 10 applications insist on being installed on the Windows system dive C. These are what I want to install on the SD card - as, to me at least, the SD card is essentially "fixed" given the difficulty to remove and insert it. Thus I would keep "data files" on easily removable USB drives and use the SD card for applications.
  19. gadgetuk

gadgetuk New Member

Lost the sd again this morning, really annoying, also use it to store files when I download from the browser, plus install some other apps on it not from the windows store,I would happily do what you have longs I knew it was going to work. But may have to way it's going as it's driving me nuts as there isn't enough space on the internal drive.

20. gadgetuk

gadgetuk New Member

Seems the win raid site isn't working.
    Update, it's working again now

Last edited: May 11, 2017