1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

the black bottom bar

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by gridlock, Apr 12, 2016.

1. gridlock

gridlock Member

(i don't know if it's related to any modifications in firmware to hide the status bar) , there's a black horizontal plain black bar at the bottom that pops up whenever apps are opened (including browsers). it actually disappears automatically most of the time , but it occupies a lot of space whenever it's there... it even actually affects the user settings of nova launcher (the dock bar precisely)
    aside from the above , and the issues i had in the topic labeled : minix u1 , a great android box , yet.... NOTHING BEATS MINIX U1....
    I've tried many kinds of android tv boxes , but the quality (hardware and software based) of minix beat them all , with ease too... keep it up team minix and truly appreciate the dedication and extreme hard work you exert to satisfy your customers...

2. Zdenda85

Zdenda85 Member

Download : Auto Hide Soft Keys : the app from Google Play and set up. Is the root device so I have a nav bar is completely gone and I have no problem with no applications and video Everything is nice to fullscreen :)

3. boggiano

boggiano New Member

You have rooted the U1? Which method did you use?

4. gridlock

gridlock Member

well for me , mine is rooted... what i did was to install the auto hide soft keys and unchecked the main top-right -corner option. and that eliminated the issue.... the weird thing is after i uninstalled that app. , cleared it's cache and rebooted , the black bottom bar was eliminated with it..!!! weird , funny but awesome coz that's what i wanted.
    cheers

5. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

So you have rooted your device?!

Also, never seen this black bar issue!

6. xeox

xeox Member

This is a new issue related to firmware 006, in firmware 005 this issue didn't exist.

Just installed firmware 006 and this issue started to apear

7. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken Former MINIX Team Member Administrator

It's hidden most of the time, but we can hide it for 100%, e.g. in Google apps.

Apps determine it could be completely hidden or not.
    It's a very simple script that can be added to an app to achieve that.
    It's available in Android developer site.

8. xeox

xeox Member

This didn't happen before, now for example in the Google playstore the black bar appears on the bottom whit no buttons. Only if you swipe up the cursor the buttons appear.

This didn't happen in firmware 005.

9. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken Former MINIX Team Member Administrator

The bottom bar is always there in Play Store, in FW005 too, even when the bar is hidden.
    I am 100% sure about that.
    You may flash it back and check.

When hidden - a black bar remains.
    When not hiding - you see the buttons.

We are not able to hide that in Android 5.1.

10. Zdenda85

Zdenda85 Member

Minix is a neo U1 root forth, is installed Xposed 79 - 22, ARM, also installed many plugins. Appearance is outfitted by himself. Screen resolution and font. Finally, completely hiding the lower leaves and fullscreen. There is no problem with any video. Set: Lollipop Xposed plugin I set: Kill App icon and outfitted to screen and appearance. This makes it Minix longer applicable and I'm happy. ps: I will not write here as ROOT device to make it fooling update to the next version but it works and download the update and the root is still there and Xposed :)

11. xeox

xeox Member

Hello Ken after using firmware 006 bottom bar behavior feels different from fw005

Enviado do meu RIDGE FAB 4G atrav├ęs de Tapatalk

12. max80

max80 Member

I have the same problem. When I open some apps (for example ES File Explorer). When I close the bottom bar, it disappears but the app does not maximize and the space used by the bar is blank.

13. Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat Member

So the black bar that appears in apps like Google play music, I think play store.... But not in Kodi or the home page is due to the soft keys is it?

So the best fix is to install "auto hide soft keys" app from the play store? And then remove the app as it's no longer needed?

I've rooted the U1 so I can issue keyboard input using tasker already.