1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

THE MOVIES STOP IN KODI 17 WITH U9-H

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX' started by DANGALGOM, Dec 10, 2017.

1. DANGALGOM

DANGALGOM New Member

Hola. Recientemente he adquirido una Minix U9-H con Kodi 17 preinstalado. Yo tengo alojadas las películas en mi PC, y las veo en Kodi a través de red Upnp. El caso es que muchas veces, a la mitad de la película (a los 60 o 90 minutos), el reproductor de Kodi se detiene sin motivo aparente. Luego continuo viendo la película sin problemas, pero no debería detenerse. Por favor, una solución. Muchas gracias.
  2. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Please post in English !
  3. DANGALGOM

DANGALGOM New Member

Sorry, there is no Minix support in Spain. I recently purchased a Minix U9-H with Kodi 17 pre-installed. I have my movies hosted on my PC, and I see them in Kodi through Upnp network. The fact is that some times, in the middle of the movie (at 60 or 90 minutes), the Kodi player stops for no apparent reason. Then I continued to watch the movie without problems, but it should not stop. Please, a solution. Thank you very much.
  4. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

Perhaps your PC Hard drive go to hibernate ?
    Try to play with Power options in Windows settings
  5. DANGALGOM

DANGALGOM New Member

I don't think so. After the movie is stopped, I can resume playback without problems.
    I have tried to install Easy advanced setting addon. I suspect it's a memory of streaming problem. Cache or something similar.
  6. skynet

Have you already cleaned Kodi's cache ?
  7. DANGALGOM

DANGALGOM New Member

I have removed the cache and the buffer with the addon Easy Advanced Settings. At the moment it's OK. I'll continue testing next days.
  8. DANGALGOM

DANGALGOM New Member

Kodi is not preconfigured for this?
  9. skynet

The best way remains to kill Kodi's cache by using Minix Android settings > applications > Kodi
    DonaldS likes this.
  10. DANGALGOM

DANGALGOM New Member

Do you have to do that always or only the first time?
  11. skynet

Only when Kodi bug/crash/freeze
    It then starts from the begining.
  12. Limited1editon

Limited1editon New Member

Every one thinks you can fix the minix by cleaning cache! Ha ha ha ha ok how about the acceleration and a magic VPN my h9 runs like a rs focus 1080p flat out..
  13. DANGALGOM

DANGALGOM New Member

Could you share it with us, Limited1edition?
  14. DANGALGOM

DANGALGOM New Member

I have tried increasing the cache to 419430400. And type of buffering: 1. I have used the addon "Easy Advanced Settings".
    I'm still trying. I don't know if it is definitely solved, but now the movies don't stop at 60-90 mins at least.
  15. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

You could browse through this for help and suggestions with " Advanced Settings"....
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/optimum-advancedsettings-xml-cache-settings.16450/
    DonaldS likes this.
  16. Chris Richards

Chris Richards New Member

Can you reproduce the problem at will or is it random? Have you tried putting a few movies on an external hard drive and plugging that directly into the minix box? If the problem keeps happening then its not network related and unlikely to be a buffer issue.
  17. DANGALGOM

DANGALGOM New Member

I'm going to try that. Yesterday played 2 videos, the first 80 minutes without problems. Second stopped at 60 minutes. At that time I had configured 346Mb of cache, buffermode 1 and readfactor mode in 4.
    I'll try it with an usb. I doubt it's a buffer problem