1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

The u1 does not start

Discussion in 'NEO U1 Guides & FAQs' started by blauauge999, Jan 30, 2016.

1. blauauge999

blauauge999 New Member

help my...my u1 new box does not start... when i completely disconnected the power input, the u1 does not start. sometimes boot u1 normal ...russian roulette!!! what can i do?
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

When you connect the power you need to press the power button on the box or on the remote to start the box. Which are you using?
    Try updating to the latest firmware and test again.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
  3. ricpiga

ricpiga New Member

Me too, I have to switch the botton 2/3/4 times before system start
  4. Samiam

Samiam New Member

I too have just recently purchased a Neo U1 and have been disappointed time and time again. It worked fine the first day I had it and then starting at day 2, it would not boot and would freeze on the "Minix" screen. It would not respond to either the A2 Lite remote I purchased with it or the remote and normally comes with it. After 4 attempts of unplugging the power adapter on the back of the unit, it finally booted. This incident has repeated itself on several occasion. I have since stopped powering off the unit but rather leaving it in sleep mode. I went to the Minix website expecting to see some decent support but instead had to rummage for two days through Forum information to finally find out that I was not the only one experiencing this problem. I have numerous other issues with the unit including the following;
    a) I keep having to press the cursor button on the A2 Lite remote to unfreeze the cursor. Happens constantly.
    b) When using Media Center, alot of the time U1 does not see my media streamer (Windows PC).
    c) The manual mentioned the "Recovery" button at the back of the unit which is actually on the bottom of the unit and is not marked.
    My overall experience with this unit has not been pleasant from day one. The unit is unreliable, totally lacking in customer support and documentation. If this company ever wants to make a dollar, they better start with better customer support and better supporting documents included in the box at purchase. I was very close to sending this unit back. All I see on You Tube is great reviews about this product and as far as I can tell from all the issues I see on your Forum pages, it is nothing but a big piece of SHIT. My son is looking to buy a TV Streaming Box and after all the issues I had with this one, I told him to stay away from this one.
  5. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

The basic ground rules for discussions on Minix Official Forum are simple: be polite, use common sense, don't break the law and don't post any message that even hints at advertising or promote other products or forums.
    • There will be no excessive use of profanity.
    • There will be no racial, ethnic, gender based insults or any other personal discriminations.
    • There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory.
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/forum-rules.47/
    kingsizept and Villa like this.