1. Official MINIX forum

The User Interface of Minix from a UX Designer

Discussion in 'Development' started by yudumcan, Sep 2, 2016.

1. yudumcan

yudumcan Member

Hi all, I'm working for the biggest media company here in New Zealand and I'm the UX architect for our digital sites. I deal with all user experience issues, development and maintenance of our sites.
    I recently bought a Minix U1 and I'm loving life, this machine is a beast and does everything I trow at it. But I'm quite anal when it comes to user experience (UX) I'd like things smooth, looking good and very user friendly, so I keep an eye on usability and accessibility.
    This is no different from U1. The interface is great, I don't have a big TV but I can still read and see the icons text etc. but few little things could be improved.
    So I thought I open this thread for this matter and keep posting here when I come across some unfriendly user experiences.
    and if any other UX or UI designers here comes across anything weird can post and share it with the rest of us.
    So then we keep this beautiful machines looking good and user friendly for everyone.
  2. yudumcan

yudumcan Member

Ok this is the first glitch I came across yesterday. When I'm adding apps to my tiles I'd like to have the option to click anywhere on the screen to close this pop-up rather than only pressing back button.
    This adds another extra step for me to find the back button.
    [​IMG]
  3. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Surely pressing the back button on the remote is not that difficult!
    yudumcan likes this.
  4. yudumcan

yudumcan Member

It's not. But we're so used to tapping/clicking on the screen on our other devices that you'd expect the same thing. There're few more things I found but I'm working on them to see how they effect my experience :)
  5. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

You could always try a different launcher! :)
    yudumcan likes this.