1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

THIS BOX...

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 002 firmware' started by Cinderella, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Cinderella

Cinderella Member

can this new box get OTA or do we have to manually update like with the previous NeoX8-H? Also can we use the same drivers if we have to update via the tool? TNA
  2. ENDRJUPL

ENDRJUPL Well-Known Member Super Moderator

It depends on the firmware version you have installed. Go to Mbox settings->Other and let me know the build number.
    All is explained here:
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/b...pgrade-to-002-firmware-please-read-this.3052/
    Let me know if you need further assistance.
  3. wcg

wcg New Member

Hi There,

I just received this box and have the date listed as 20141122 so I'm guessing I need to upgrade the firmware. My question is should I do that before I use it at all? What is the easiest way to upgrade? Thanks and I apologize if I'm asking a stupid question.
  4. ENDRJUPL

Look one post above yours...
  5. wcg

wcg New Member

Should have read before posting. Thanks. The upgrade worked out fine.
  6. Tuck72

Tuck72 Member

just recently got a plus and came with a mini dvd disc what is it for?
  7. ENDRJUPL

That's odd. I don't have the disc. Where did you buy your device?
  8. Tuck72

Tuck72 Member

geekbuying through amazon and the box is amazingly fast I'm getting a 162 mbps download 15 mbps upload
  9. ENDRJUPL

Did you check what's on the disc?
  10. Tuck72

Tuck72 Member

not yet will this morning and let you know might have been a setup disc someone left in the box by mistake I was just surprised it was in there
  11. Tuck72

Tuck72 Member

looks like a disc with drivers on it

Attached Files:

12. exitguy

exitguy Member

MAC Driver Disk for USB-to-Ethernet adapter, must have been put into your shipment accidentally.
  13. Rui Oliveira

Rui Oliveira Active Member

Hello! I upgrade my minix neo x8-h plus to the latest firmware (002) , however when i go to the settings and do online upgrade the box take to much time (like 2 minutes or more...) to display something (no firmware available for example).
    The OTA servers are working properly ?
    I know in other media players boxs (old ones , not minix android) i have the new firmware request time take a few seconds.
    Do we have to do a manualy firmware upgrade in the next firmware upgrade ? or via minix box upgrade is not a problem?
    Thanks
  14. pani100

pani100 Member

The OTA is not working any more. You should have a new app called 'system update' (with the minix label) and I think that is the one that will be used from now on.
    Rui Oliveira likes this.
  15. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

With firmware 002 you could enjoy our next update coming this week with the "MINIX OTA" (System update) app. :)
    Rui Oliveira likes this.
  16. Rui Oliveira

Thank you Ken for the quick reply!!! Great news :)!!!!. Continue the good work. I am a fan of minix media player and support is great as well.
  17. Kingbolo

Kingbolo New Member

Hello Ken, whats new in the update that wil come this week?

Best regards
  18. Rui Oliveira

thank you pani100. i now test the app system update and it works well. I think will be used from now on because the system update dont work . Of course that new app is just OTA.
  19. Dataking

Dataking New Member

"With firmware 002 you could enjoy our next update coming this week with the "MINIX OTA" (System update) app. :)
    MINIX - Ken,Tuesday at 6:59 AMReport"

Great box and great forum!!! Any idea when the update will be released?

Best regards
  20. k4rluk

k4rluk New Member

where is the update Ken? ;-)