1. Official MINIX forum -Forum was offline for maintainance during last weekend and is back online now.

Torrents and P2P streaming. Read me !

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by HardwareGuru, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Denke

Denke Member

Ok, I've read all 5 pages now. Tomorrow I am getting my U1 and gonna setup everything. So what I did understand is that cache must be 0 or I am wrong?
    Also I wont use kodi for p2p/torrents (at least I think so).

Im gonna use kodi for IPTV, Genesis, Phoenix, Dexter TV and this kind of add-ons + downloading subtitles inside of kodi. Also I will play mostly online games, browsing websites, etc. (All I do on my pc, except for torrents). How will this affect on eMMC?

I do belive it is safe, but it is better to ask and avoid crying by own mistake :)
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  2. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Do not use use zero cache! If you are torrenting then download to an external device.

Let me draw your attention to these quotes from post #1....
    Denke likes this.
  3. Denke

Denke Member

Thank you sir :). How about this kind of addons, they should be save to use?
  4. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Denke likes this.
  5. adilmalick

adilmalick New Member

thanks for your information, but apart from it's technical knowledge that you provide, i already know that torrenting is harmful for us, but if you not use VPN, because like canada many other countries torrenting is strictly prohibit so i thing this is a most suitable technique. But what VPN should have to use?
  6. werespawn

werespawn New Member

7. exodus123456

exodus123456 Member

Hey!

I just started using acestream, I selected the option to caché on the external sd, this is fine? I mean there's no possibility that the app will use internal memory for something else right?
  8. Marm

Marm Member

One word: Situation

Often people think about their situation and think that is how everybody views the issue and often get worked up up if others don't see things their way.

I agree with the initial warning !

But examine YOUR situation. There is an enormous difference between someone using uTorrent on a public tracker, or using uTorrent with a seedbox, using one of the streaming apps regularly or occasionally. So I say, relax, look at your situation and act accordingly.