1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

TOTAL NEWBIE! What firmware am I running and how do I get it to latest ?

Discussion in 'Official Firmware Releases' started by Steven Cassidy, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Steven Cassidy

Steven Cassidy New Member

Hi People. I have an X8-h and have had it about 2 years and as far as I know it's never been updated because I don't know how manually. I clicked on system update in settings and just says No Update. Can someone please explain how to update in the simplest way possible because I don't have a scooby.

Model number
    Neo x8-h

Android version 4.4.2
    Build number
    KOT49H.20140722 test-keys

Kernel version
    root@user-desktop#3
    Jul 22 2014

Thanks.
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

3. Steven Cassidy

4. Steven Cassidy

Hi ,
    I have a new problem now. I clicked on the Minix update OTA icon just to check and there was an update available 150mb . It downloaded it but is stuck(frozen) on "installing system update" for over half an hour and my connection is 50mbs. What can I do ?
  5. Higgs

If you used the fw009 zip file when you updated then you should be on the latest firmware. Did you use a different zip file to update?
    At this stage you should probably reboot. Clear the data/cache from the System Update app then try it again.
  6. Steven Cassidy

I have the green android man on the screen with INSTALLING SYSTEM UPDATE underneath. But no progress after 45 min now. (Frozen)How do I reboot from here. Turn power off at the wall or something else ?
  7. Steven Cassidy

Ps . I did use the 009 zip file
  8. Higgs

Yes, switch the power off and restart. Which zip file did you use to update initially?
  9. Steven Cassidy

X8_X8PLUS_X8H_FW009
  10. Higgs

Weird. I thought that was the latest firmware. Id be interested to see the screenshot from the update app showing the current version and the new version numbers.
  11. Steven Cassidy

Opened up OTA app
    Current firmware version
    KOT49H.20160324 release-keys

Search for update

New version
    KOT49H.20160328 release-keys
  12. Steven Cassidy

I Downloaded the OTA update and it installed OK this time. I am now running FW version KOT49H.20160328 release-keys
  13. Steven Cassidy

Must be latest version for X8-H ?????
  14. Higgs

That explains it, i thought the zip file was for the 20160328 version.
  15. Steven Cassidy

One more thing. I have a sound issue. I don't have any sound when switching between icons on the metro launcher and from experience means no sound on kodi either scrolling or video playback. It used to do it before update but after you switched back and forth between icons in metro it used to come back all of a sudden. Not so after update. How do I fix. Probably something simple. I've checked a2 airmouse is not on mute. TV set volume is on and working.
  16. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

If you have an A2 and not an A2 Lite, make sure you enable No output to USB audio

Screenshot_2016-08-09-16-57-30.png

If that doesn't fix it then check these things too!

Do you have Touch sounds enabled in Settings?
    If you have no sound at all then check SettingsMbox, Advanced, Digital audio output is set to PCM.

Screenshot_2016-08-09-16-51-34.png
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  17. Steven Cassidy

Thanks . The PCM thing sorted it.
    Villa likes this.