1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Transfer settings and addons from a x8-H plus to U9-H

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by Artty, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Artty

Artty New Member

I am considering purchasing a U9-H and was wondering if it is possible to transfer addons, repositorys,settings, etc. from my X8-H plus to avoid having to go through the process of re-installing everything ?
  2. steveg32

steveg32 Member

Yes. Do a FULL backup of Kodi using the BACKUP program addon from the Kodi repo. Install it, run it, and save the resulting zip file to an external sd card or usb drive. After you install a fresh Kodi on the U9-H install the same BACKUP addon from the Kodi repository, open it, navigate to where your backup zip is, and click Restore. Everything will transfer. Just make sure you backup and restore the SAME version of Kodi (ie, 17.4 to 17.4). I also recommend you run a maintenance program, like Ares Wizard, BEFORE you backup ... clear packages, clear cache, & clear thumbnails. I've done this several times and it always works. It's easy. Good luck.
  3. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

Thats not strictly necessary, you may get a few warnings if different versions of kodi are used and you may have to check some of the kodi settings again but most should be OK
    ... doing some maintenance 1st though is a good idea and also in the kodi backup/restore program in the file selection tab i always enable all the options bar custom directories.... never had any issues

...of interest i haven't tried the backup/restore facility in Ares Wizard but understand it works well....have you tried it ?
    steveg32 likes this.
  4. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Around 9 mins in...

5. steveg32

steveg32 Member

Yes I have and still do. I like it. It not only does full backup but also gives you options. You can zip single xml or group xml backups. USB SD Backup Restore (in SuperRepo) also gives you options like Ares but even better because they are more descriptive. Indigo (TVaddons) has some options but not as many. I see Echo Wizard is back now too. Even Smash has a wizard now. The reason I recommend he use BACKUP is when you install a fresh Kodi, the official Kodi repository is installed by default. So BACKUP is available to install quickly without having to add other sources.
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  6. steveg32

steveg32 Member

BACKUP addon from the official Kodi repository ...
  7. Frederick_99

one of the better kodi youtubers :)
  8. Frederick_99

that's a good point to make and the reason i use the "official" kodi backup program :)
    steveg32 likes this.