1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

U-1 toast...fried..nada....

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by Dirtylarry, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Dirtylarry

Dirtylarry Member

So I'm watching tv....then all of a sudden "Signal Lost" appears...I look over and the bright blue light is very dim..can hardly tell its even on...Then I smell smoke briefly, and so I unplug it....plug it back in...Nothing...UH=1 Fried!...and its only like 3-4 months old...Thanks Minix

Anyone else have issues like this before? I had the latest firmware installed, and nothing out of the ordinary...just normal Television viewing.
  2. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Send it back for a refuund/replacement they have 12 months guarantee
    Dirtylarry and amdaley like this.
  3. Dirtylarry

Dirtylarry Member

Oh really? Awesome...Now...Just to go back and look where I purchased it from...
  4. Dirtylarry

Dirtylarry Member

6 days later and Minix hasn't even acknowledged my email about the bad unit...hmm...might just have to wash my hands of it and get something else..lots of competition out there
  5. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

But have you contacted the seller for a warranty replacement?
    Dirtylarry likes this.
  6. Dirtylarry

Dirtylarry Member

Confused....what do you mean? I clicked on the "warranty" link, and it brings up the "mail.to" to send them an email....which was done 6 days ago.
  7. Villa

You said this...
    So from whom did you purchase it?
  8. Dirtylarry

Dirtylarry Member

So I contacted Amazon, and its past their 30 day return period, so they told me I have to go to the Manufacturer for warranty...so I did via the Minix website link. Sorry for the confusion.
  9. Villa

The Amazon 30 day return period is only for items that you no longer want or aren't particularly happy with. It has nothing to do with a warranty replacement or refund!
  10. Villa

You need to go to Help, Need More Help?, Contact Us

Screenshot_20170918-165154.png
  11. Dirtylarry

Dirtylarry Member

I did contact them...Via CHat....gave them all the details etc etc....they told me I have to go through the manufacturer, that their warranty/return period is 30 days...anything after that Has to be settled through Minix.
  12. Villa

Well I have always gone through the "Contact Us" route and always had my money back no questions asked even before I have returned the item, return delivery paid for by Amazon. This is with Amazon UK and ES.

If you have no luck try a private message with @MINIX - John
  13. Dirtylarry

Dirtylarry Member

Thanks Villa!!!...yeah. I was surprised too with Amazon, Ive been a member(Prime) for several years. I thought for sure they would just swap me out of one.

Larry
  14. Dirtylarry

Dirtylarry Member

Update:...so I contacted Amazon again, and explained that the Manufacturer hasn't got back to me in regards to my email to their support dept. The lady at Amazon then talked to a manager I guess and they waived the return/warranty policy so I was able to get another box...It will be here Wednesday...No thanks to the Manufacturer...Hooray for Amazon.
    Villa likes this.
  15. Villa

Was it MINIX US?
    http://www.minix.us
  16. Dirtylarry

Dirtylarry Member

17. Villa

Dirtylarry likes this.
  18. Dirtylarry

Dirtylarry Member

HAHA...Not sure what happened here...I double checked my "Sent" items and verified it actually did send....Even just a confirmation that they received an email would have been fine with me...and then maybe a few days to "review" the warranty would have been fine too...I think I was patient enough...just hoping to hear something from them...Oh well...Live and learn.
  19. Dirtylarry

Dirtylarry Member

UPDATE: So today is 2 weeks (about)...and I have yet to hear from Minix...even though Amazon did an exception and sent me another one you would think that I would have eventually heard from them to even acknowledge my email...NOTHING....I know which brand I wont be buying next time..there are a lot of alternatives that work just as well...
  20. Villa

Did you contact @MINIX - John as I suggested?