1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

U1 and Libreelec

Discussion in 'NEO U1 Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by 9800pro, Jul 21, 2016.

1. je73

je73 New Member

I just managed to install LE off a USB Key on my Minix U1.
    Only issue seems to be that it seems a bit slower moving about the menus...sometimes it freezes on an option for a while. I was scanning a NFS mount at the time so maybe that it is..or it is running of the USB key somehow?

Anyways, here is how I installed it if anyone is interested. (Working on a Macbook pro btw).

1. Installed Libreelec USB-SD Creator
    2. Downloaded LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.0.1.img.gz
    3. Downloaded gxbb_p200_2G_minix_neo_u1.dtb
    4. Burned the img.gz file onto the USB Key
    5. Copied the dtb file to the key
    6. Unplugged the power cable from the U1
    7. Put the key in the USB port closest to the front of the U1
    8. Plugged the power back in and pressed and held the power button on the U1
    9. Had to wait about 45 seconds before the Libreelec screen appeared and released the button.

After a restart it loaded LE off the USB key and I was straight into Kodi 17.5

After the audio settings (Passthrough, Dolby etc) I tried a 4k video, play back is flawless and skipping is instant.
    Tried some downloaded Dolby files and the audio is as expected.

2. Vinylity

Vinylity Member

I recommend using a good Micro SD card. Much faster then a USB drive.

3. badstraw

badstraw New Member

Am I the only one with lagging problems? I'm using a Kingston microSD class 10, but when I go through the menus it takes to load like 2-3 seconds more than regular kodi, the one from google play.

So, it doesn't make any sense..

If I install mq7 for krypton it lags even worse.

I would appreciate any input.

4. je73

je73 New Member

I had that when I ran off a USB stick, but then I got a SanDisk Ultra and its much smoother now.

5. racko

racko New Member

Not all microSD cards are working the same, despite having same specs.

You can find recommendations for microSD card on another forums, just search Google after ' LibreELEC recommended microSD card '
    (sorry, I'm a new member and I'm not allowed to post links on this forum yet, I don't have 'likes' on my posts :) )

I'm using Samsung EVO Plus microSDHC 32GB Class 10 UHS-I and LibreELEC is running flawlessly.

6. chrisdm74

chrisdm74 New Member

Do acestream and plexus addon work properly? I 'm really interested on libreelec...
    Thanx very much!

7. Naismith

Naismith New Member

I will try it soon, thank for the info.

8. kingsizept

kingsizept Member

Ya, Acestream and Plexus Addon work properly :).

9. chrisdm74

chrisdm74 New Member

Thanx for the reply! I'll give it try!!!

10. Jimmcy

Jimmcy New Member

Hello;

I´m new here.

First off all let me start by saying, I’m Portuguese so my English is not perfect, but let´s see if we can understand each other.

I did the exact same thing the member je73, explained (thank you by the way);

And everything works…well, kind off.

The “problem” that I have is with the sound.

No matter what I do, the sound (movies, tv shows, etc) always comes out of the tv and the speakers.

And I just want the sound to come from the speakers.

The box is connected to the TV via HDMI.

And the speakers are connected to the Box via optical cable (the speakers are the logitech z 5500).

Can anyone tell me what do I have to do to have the sound, only coming from the speakers?

Thank you

je73 likes this.
  11. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Maybe obvious but make sure the tv audio output settings are correct
    also make sure your speaker system is switched on before you boot into LibreElec you shouldn't have to alter settings in LibreElec

12. Jimmcy

Jimmcy New Member

First off all, thank you for your reply.

But, I’m confused.

On the Tv, yes I do have two options;

1-TV speakers.

2-Home Theater speakers.

But the problem is, let´s assume I´m watching a movie on the minix, then I go back to watching tv, I have to keep changing the output from Home Theater speakers to Tv speakers, because the home theater speakers are only connected to the minix, via optical cable, and obviously when I turn back to the tv, I have no sound.

And another thing, let´s assume I’m using the box “normally” (without librelec), there, I do have the option to use SPDIF, and everything works fine, the sound only comes out of the home theater speakers.

Doesn´t libreelec, have some option like that?

Thank you.

13. Blacky

Blacky Member

Hi all, just thought I'd say thanks for all the info in this thread. Managed to install Libreelec after a couple of efforts. What a difference! My amp is now playing true dolby and dts. All formats seem to play flawlessly and very smooth. Playing blu-ray videos through premiumize addon quality!!

So THANK YOU ALL

skynet likes this.
  14. PtSp

PtSp New Member

Is it normal some freezing between menus?
    LE works much better than in android ecosystem, no buffer with 4k videos.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

15. Vinylity

Vinylity Member