1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

BUG!! U9 doesn't wake from sleep

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by MAC2000, Apr 7, 2018.

1. MAC2000

MAC2000 New Member

Hi

I'm finding that the U9 doesn't wake from sleep more often than not. Using either the power button (pointed directly at IR receiver) or even the power button on the box.

Only a power off (pull the plug) and on solves the problem.

I've seen a number of similar posts with no solutions, are the devs aware of this one, if so is a fix being planned?
    PhillyGTA likes this.
  2. raston

raston Member

I want to know too...
    PhillyGTA likes this.
  3. DoubleD

DoubleD New Member

Mine does the same on FW08
    PhillyGTA likes this.
  4. Smartie36

Smartie36 Active Member

Got two U9 boxes in the house and so far I haven't encountered that bug and both boxes get a fair amount of use and I always use sleep mode.

I used the full image to install the latest firmware, I also factory reset / wiped cache both before and after flashing the new firmware.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    kingsizept likes this.
  5. raston

raston Member

Mine has been doing this since I bought it. Two firmware revisions later... still the same thing. I've flashed the 'full image'... I've factory reset it... nothing has made a difference. Really wish the Minix team would do something about it...!!!!!!! However, I'm currently running the box with Libreelec and low and behold standby works just fine. So it's not the hardware, its the firmware.
  6. MINIX - Martin

MINIX - Martin Moderator Moderator

How do you operate to make NEO U9-H in sleep mode?
    - Not do any operation for a long time.
    - Press power button on the IR remote or A3 remote.
    - Press power button on the NEO U9-H.
    And how long do you make it in sleep mode before waking up?
    I'll perform a test and try to copy your problem to eventually find a fix.
  7. raston

raston Member

How to experience this problem....
    In settings, set the unit to 'Sleep' (not power down) when power button on remote is pressed.
    Press power button on remote to put the unit to 'Sleep'. The LED turns a dim green... (Sleep mode)
    Wait for over an hour, or wait overnight, and then press the power button on the remote to 'Wake' the unit. The LED turns bright blue but there is no display and the unit is completely unresponsive. It must be unplugged from power and then restarted from a completely powered down state. Regarding how long to let it sleep, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the length of time it takes. I have tested it and timed it. Sometimes it only takes a few minutes of sleep for it to hang upon waking... sometime its much longer. But normally, anything over a hour is sure to send it off into never-never land.

Please see my previous post for more details... http://www.minixforum.com/threads/resume-from-sleep-problems.17866/
    dungeon likes this.
  8. MAC2000

MAC2000 New Member

Hi thanks for your response. I encounter this problem every day after the box has slept overnight for example, I can try and find other scenarios but it shouldn't be hard to reproduce it happens all the time and to quite a few other users it seems
  9. MAC2000

MAC2000 New Member

That's very encouraging news it means the MINIX guys can fix it in FW.

What version of Libreelec are you using, please link me the download file it at all possible

Thanks
  10. raston

raston Member

11. MAC2000

MAC2000 New Member

Brilliant thanks, I'll give it a go when I have some free time. I guess it will also be a good reference for the MINIX devs to prepare a fix
  12. MINIX - Martin

Do not insert HDMI cable into the HDMI port with 'MHL' or 'ARC' symbol.
    Use the HDMI port without 'MHL' or 'ARC', such as the port 3 shown in attached pictures.

Attached Files:

13. MAC2000

MAC2000 New Member

Hi

My setup as follows:

U9 --> LG SJ9 HDMI IN

LG SJ9 ARC --> LG C7 ARC

U9 is not directly connected to a USB ARC port
  14. MINIX - Martin

The 'ARC' and 'MHL' might be the cause of this problem.
    You may try to connect U9-H to LG C7, while not connected to the 'ARC' and 'MHL' port.
    And use a SPDIF cable to connect NEO U9-H to LG SJ9.

Attached Files:

15. raston

raston Member

My config...
    Minix U9--->(via HDMI)--->Hisense 40H5, 40" TV
    Also...
    Minix U9--->(vis HDMI)--->Sony KDL 52W3000, 52" TV

Same behavior on both TV's.