1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

U9-H and Libreelec

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by skynet, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Cerebric

Cerebric New Member

8.1.4 (2017-08-13)
  2. Cerebric

Cerebric New Member

8.1.5 (2017-08-18)
  3. Cerebric

Cerebric New Member

8.1.6 (2017-08-27)
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    skynet likes this.
  4. Cerebric

Cerebric New Member

8.1.7 (2017-09-13)
    skynet and wrxtasy like this.
  5. wrxtasy

wrxtasy Active Member

I now recommend LE 8.1.7 on AMLogic S912 devices since the AML Kernel guru developer @kszaq fixed the long standing GPU video driver issue. (screen tearing)

I'm currently running LE 8.1.7 from a external SD card on the U9, with all LibreELEC data stored on fast internal U9 eMMC Flash storage.
    The SD card is only used to dual boot into LibreELEC.

Also added is a $11 Xiaomi Mi Box Bluetooth remote mod (click).

The end result is the fastest AMLogic LibreELEC Kodi Krypton setup I've ever used - and that is quite a few. (y)
    MINIX's high quality RAM and fast Samsung emmc 5.1 flash internal storage make a difference here to.
  6. Cerebric

Cerebric New Member

8.1.8 (2017-09-15)
    skynet likes this.
  7. dortmunder

dortmunder New Member

Hi, I wonder if someone can keep me right here: the Minix U9-h has 'gigabit ethernet' (I believe) and so I would use the '1Gbit_Ethernet' device tree link, yes? (As opposed to the 100Mbit_Ethernet link).

After clicking that link, there are 4 choices of tree: 1g, 2g, 3g and k3_pro. How do I choose? Many thanks if you can assist.
  8. kingsizept

kingsizept Member

9. dortmunder

dortmunder New Member

Thanks. But why that one and what are the others for?
    EDIT: It's amount of RAM on the device.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  10. kingsizept

kingsizept Member

11. BloatedToad

BloatedToad New Member

I'm running 8.1.8 on MINIX NEO U9-H and am running ServerWMC, latest release.
    I have a NUC along with an Nvidia Sheild TV, both of which can watch live TV using the same plugin.
    It looks like ServerWMC is mounting the stream via SMB? It has a StreamStart Error when pointing to: smb://SHUTTLE/Recorded TV
    If I try and mount a new share via the File Manager via SMB, I get: Operation not permitted. On other Windows machines, I get Invalid Argument

So, is there anything I can do regarding the SMB mounting?
  12. BloatedToad

BloatedToad New Member

I was able to get Live TV working with ServerWMC, turned out I need to change the SMB Client to support only SMB1
    Then I created a new user on my Win8 box that had a password, used that username/password to map a a path to my Recorded TV on Win8 box
    Voila, Live TV is working but am experiencing an audio delay
  13. Cerebric

Cerebric New Member

8.1.9 (2017-09-23)

14. BloatedToad

BloatedToad New Member

Yup, saw that and it led me to the solution, however, still have major video/audio sync issues. Anyone have any ideas? It's so bad that it makes it unwatchable
  15. Cerebric

Cerebric New Member

8.1.10 (2017-10-08)
    skynet likes this.
  16. Cerebric

Cerebric New Member (2017-10-28)
    skynet likes this.
  17. Jaques-Ludwig

Jaques-Ludwig Member

I have massive problems with stuttering of streaming TV. My TV Server hangs via 1GBit cable to the minix box. The TV server backend is DVBViewer.
    When I watch "normal" videofiles there are no problems.
    I cant explain what the problem is.

18. EricE

EricE New Member

LibreELEC on Minix NEO U9-H Bitstream digital noise

Running LibreELEC on my new U9-H off of a USB key as the micro SD card read does not work currently.

Video wise it is perfect and it has played every 1080P and 4K file that I have tried.

The problem is with bitstreaming. Sometimes it works and sometimes all I get is loud digital noise through the speakers. If I stop and start the exact same file it works and sometimes the same digital noise. Doesn’t matter if it is 1080 or 4K. Dolby Atmos or DTS-X. I need the bitstream output to my pre/processor for the height surround channels.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

I may have to return the unit as it is a dealbreaker in my system if bitstreaming doesn’t work...
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2017
  19. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

LibreElec is a hack ! and it's an early project
    There no garanties to work...
    kingsizept likes this.
  20. wrxtasy

wrxtasy Active Member

The Hybrid Android/Linux GPU drivers that have no affect on Audio or Video playback on AML devices and never did, are the only hacky thing about LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on the AMLogic S912 boxes these days.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    kingsizept likes this.