1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

U9-H uncertified Play store

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by Sadar, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Sadar

Sadar New Member

Hello,

I have reset many times by pressing power button 6s + wipe cache + wipe datas + reboot system
    or by reset option in paramters / storage / reset factory ...

but my version is still MHC19J.20170623...and in google play store my device is uncertified

Netflix does not update...

what's wrong ? somebody help me please ?

(Google traduction, sorry ;-))

2. wrxtasy

wrxtasy Well-Known Member

DO NOT update the Netflix App or you will be back to 480p Max. Netflix resolution streaming.

You have to use the modded HD Netflix App that is floating around with the U9 to get 720p Max. Netflix resolution streaming.

Google & Netflix have changed their install policies lately. Non certified Netflix Hardware or rooted Android devices will no longer be able to install Netflix from the Playstore and will display the uncertified message.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    steveg32 likes this.
  3. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Menorca Man likes this.
  4. frutiloopis

frutiloopis Member

5. Sadar

Sadar New Member

Ok, merci pour le lien et votre réponse.

Mais je crois, avant que cette dernière mise à jour (23/06/2017) U9-H a été certifiée.

Juste une question, comment trouver NetFlix_HD.apk? Il n'est pas visible sur le miroir apk

6. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Ok, thanks for the link and your answer.

But I believe, before this last update (23/06/2017) U9-H was certified.

I believe it wasn't!

Just a question, how to find NetFlix_HD.apk? It is not visible on the mirror apk

7. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken Former MINIX Team Member Administrator

Yes it says uncertified because it is.
    A better term should be "can't be certified" because Google stopped doing certification for AOSP hubs since June 2015!

frutiloopis and Villa like this.
  8. Abner

Abner New Member

Hey there,
    Just came onboard with my Minix U9-H. When I started with my device I could've streamed through the DSTV now app. The website I bought it from stated that Minix U9-H was compatible. Now the app doesn't allow any uncertified devices and being uncertified I can not stream through the app anymore.
    The Xiaomi Mi Box cost half the price of the Minix U9-H and is certified? Nvidia Shield device are google certified. Please explain the "Google stopped doing certification for AOSP hubs since June 2015"

9. Wallies

Wallies New Member

MINIX, what is the way forward with this? The box is widely advertised as working with DSTv Now. I love my new box, but one of the deciding factors for me to purchase this, was the fact that I could run my DSTv through it.
    If this is not the case, at least provide me with a link to the old DSTv app that doesn't require the player to be certified.